Need advice about how to deal with order not received....

mzpickles

It's only been 7 days, but I selected Priority Mail shipping for an order and the company in question used some internet postage service I've never heard of before to generate the shipping label. So I receive an email from this postage service that states my package was accepted on Oct. 6 and there's a couple of links to check the shipping status, one for this service and one for the USPS. So a week later there is absolutely no updates, the USPS site says the package does not exist and I have not received a package that should have only taken 3 days to get to me.

Now I don't know about you all, but I've only ever had a Priority Mail package take (at the most) a day or two longer than the three days, and then only either during Christmas or during extremes of weather conditions in the area it was shipped from.

So I call the company to let them know my package is MIA and could they please send out a new one, and they try to tell me that this happens all the time to them with the USPS and that I will have to wait 21 days before the package can be replaced!! Now most companies I buy FO's from would be sending out a new package before I'd hung up the phone, but not this one! Am I wrong in expecting this? Isn't it their problem (a cost of doing business), not mine?

Then I remembered that I used PayPal to pay the invoice. So I could open an item dispute if I wanted to, PayPal is really good about that, particularly if you don't receive an eBay item. I'm uncertain how much longer I should wait before I do this, or if I should do this right away. I definitely wasn't buying the companies story that this was routine for them with the USPS, I get packages shipped to me on a weekly basis from all over the country (and overseas) but I've never seen a package just disappear into limbo like this.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with orders? Is there any advice you could give me on how to handle this situation? Any and all comments would be welcome, even if you think I shouldn't have my panties in a bunch (yet)! :angry2:

I thought UPS had lost my package over the weekend; I forgot about Columbus Day. Oddly, UPS now delivers many of my packages to our local post office, and then USPS delivers to the receiver. This just happened this weekend with a shipment from QVC. When I did a track on the package, UPS stated that the receiver was on vacation or some such answer, so I expected the big brown truck on Tuesday. Nope. My regular mail carrier delivered it Wednesday. I'm not sure why, but this has happened with several of the UPS deliveries I've had in the past couple weeks. It adds an extra day to the shipping ETA. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Best,

Brandy

I thought UPS had lost my package over the weekend; I forgot about Columbus Day. Oddly, UPS now delivers many of my packages to our local post office, and then USPS delivers to the receiver. This just happened this weekend with a shipment from QVC. When I did a track on the package, UPS stated that the receiver was on vacation or some such answer, so I expected the big brown truck on Tuesday. Nope. My regular mail carrier delivered it Wednesday. I'm not sure why, but this has happened with several of the UPS deliveries I've had in the past couple weeks. It adds an extra day to the shipping ETA. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Best,

Brandy

Yep, I've seen this kind of thing too. Amazon supersaver shipping and Newegg free shipping is like this. It can take a week and a half to get the package. I would give it a little more time.

I ordered something here a few months ago that this happened with as well. I got two tracking codes, one USPS and one from this funky company I had never heard of before. I thought "okay.. whatever.." and days went by.. a week went by.. approaching 2 weeks and I'm more going "now what the.... is going on?" so I emailed said weird company and I was told that they don't update their tracking daily and USPS wouldn't get tracking info until it was in their hands.

Long story short, it took it nearly 2 weeks to get INTO USPS' hands and then another 2-4 days for USPS to get it to me.

It's only been 7 days, but I selected Priority Mail shipping for an order and the company in question used some internet postage service I've never heard of before to generate the shipping label. So I receive an email from this postage service that states my package was accepted on Oct. 6 and there's a couple of links to check the shipping status, one for this service and one for the USPS. So a week later there is absolutely no updates, the USPS site says the package does not exist and I have not received a package that should have only taken 3 days to get to me.

Now I don't know about you all, but I've only ever had a Priority Mail package take (at the most) a day or two longer than the three days, and then only either during Christmas or during extremes of weather conditions in the area it was shipped from.

So I call the company to let them know my package is MIA and could they please send out a new one, and they try to tell me that this happens all the time to them with the USPS and that I will have to wait 21 days before the package can be replaced!! Now most companies I buy FO's from would be sending out a new package before I'd hung up the phone, but not this one! Am I wrong in expecting this? Isn't it their problem (a cost of doing business), not mine?

Then I remembered that I used PayPal to pay the invoice. So I could open an item dispute if I wanted to, PayPal is really good about that, particularly if you don't receive an eBay item. I'm uncertain how much longer I should wait before I do this, or if I should do this right away. I definitely wasn't buying the companies story that this was routine for them with the USPS, I get packages shipped to me on a weekly basis from all over the country (and overseas) but I've never seen a package just disappear into limbo like this.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with orders? Is there any advice you could give me on how to handle this situation? Any and all comments would be welcome, even if you think I shouldn't have my panties in a bunch (yet)! :angry2:

I think because it says your package was accepted on October 6th means the company you purchased it from did actually ship it. It might be a shipping issue and have to be taken up with them rather than PayPal but it wouldn't hurt to ask PayPal anyway.

I've had fake DHL delivery tracking numbers given to me for items (not candle related) by sellers from other countries. DHL is actually USPS once it hits customs or something like that. Anyway, PayPal has been beyond great in getting my money back to me in a short time when it is an obvious rip off....like where it shows the package never actually being accepted but only says the sender has notified the US Postal Service to expect the package and the package not arriving in a past reasonable amount of time or USPS never showing anything from the sender telling them to expect the package.

What I've done when it happened is open the PayPal dispute and go straight to the next step to escalate it. I believe you have had to have tried communicating with the seller to go to immediate escalation..which you did. I also called PayPal each time and have had my money refunded back to my PP account within a week. They are one of the few I've found where it is not a run around to try to talk to a human.

Hope it all works out for you.

Edited by jeanie353

USPS has lost, misplaced, damaged my mail and packages more times then I care to remember. They even returned one of my package to the sender for no good reason. Talking to them gets you nowhere because they never have a clue.

I also had tracking numbers that did not update until the packages were delivered. I would give it a few more days.

You have 30 days to file a claim with Paypal.

Edited by annie123

What's the name of the postage service?

The postage service name is Endicia.com. It's like Stamps.com. I took the advice here to wait a few more days before taking the matter up with PayPal, and in that lovely way the universe has of adding to your embarrassment after throwing a hissy fit for no reason, my package was delivered today. :embarasse Maybe it was all of the energy that I expended while flipping out that helped to break it loose from shipping limbo! :meditate:

I swear though, taking 9 days for a Priority Mail package to be delivered is a new record for me and I've been shopping online for over 10 years, way back before they had Priority Mail! :shocked2:

I'd be requesting some of my shipping money back... Amazon uses Endicia sometimes, and I can always track the package via Amazon, but I've never had it take 9 days for it to get to me. If I"m paying something to be sent via USPS Priority mail, that's what I expect it to be shipped by.

Edited by Beli

I get a notice from UPS when they have received through the internet that there will be a package shipping. This does not mean it is on it's way. The person shipping still has to get the physical package to UPS. Some places they don't get around to the actual drop off until a couple days later. Mostly it's been through the classifieds here; but I understand that it's not always easy for them to drop everything and run to the shipping depot.

It sounds to me like they did the paperwork but did not get around to shipping the package any time too quickly.

It sounds to me like they did the paperwork but did not get around to shipping the package any time too quickly.

That's what I suspect. It seems way too coincidental that it arrived exactly 3 days AFTER I called them. Of course the date on the label was Oct. 6, but who's to say it didn't sit around forgotten in their warehouse until I raised a stink. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it's hard!

That's what I suspect. It seems way too coincidental that it arrived exactly 3 days AFTER I called them. Of course the date on the label was Oct. 6, but who's to say it didn't sit around forgotten in their warehouse until I raised a stink. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it's hard!

Are they going to refund you any $?? 9 days for Priority?? :(