Candle vs Soap

cswilson

I am new to the candle business and I am trying to figure out which fragrances work best. I bought some inventory from a candle maker going out of business, which included various fragrances from different suppliers. I made several candles with two different fragrances that were from a soap company and I'm finding the throw very weak. My question is, are fragrances bought from a soap company milder or more diluted than those of a candle company? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

From my personal experience they are not "milder".I have bought f.o's from Daystar,which is a soap company I think and i've bought f.o's from Bitter Creek for instance,and it all depends on the particular scent and not the whether it's from a "soap" supplier or a "candle" supplier.The only difference i'm aware of is that some f.o's are not skin safe so some oils that you use in candles cannot be used in soaps and other body products.I could be wrong but that's been my experience.I've only made candles so maybe someone else has more knowledge on the subject and will chime in!

IMO it depends on the company. The fragrances marked with both allow a soaper to make that fragrance into a bar of soap and those contain skin safe scent components or amounts that would allow it to be safe for skin applications. Cinnamon comes to mind, because it has a caution on it. The spicier scents can be irritating when on the skin. Some companies may buy a lesser dilution of the scent from their manufacturer.

Edited by Scented