Has anybody noticed?

:angry2:I used to purchase my tea lights from Bed,Bath & Beyond and noticed through the years how you were getting less and less wax. I was interested in who made these tea lights and read they were from Colonial Candle. The last time I bought a bag of 100 I noticed the price above the bags said $5.99 but I was charged only $4.99. After getting them home and taking them out of the bag to burn one I noticed how the little tin cups were less deep than the last ones and also thinner. With one the wax leaked out all over my burner. I looked on the back of the bag because the front of the bag looked the same as always. I found out that these are now made in Vietnam. I think it's kind of sneaky how they did that.:mad: Just was wondering if anybody else used their tealights? I don't know where you can purchase half way decent ones without paying an arm and a leg. I used to buy bags of 100 all the time and they really did burn for 4 hours. Those days are gone!! Well I just had to vent thanks.:rolleyes:

Thats because the price of wax, oils, shipping, etc has gone way up in just the last year. You are not going to get any quality tea lights at that price. Just junk for the dollar stores.

Why don't you just make your own? They are easy to make, last longer, and smell better than any you will buy. JMO

It's the same no matter where you buy them these days.:lipsrseal There have been several threads on the crappy quality of store bought tealights this year. When we went on vacation, I didn't have time to make some for myself for our second home, so I bought 2 of the bargain bags. Well, I had some with no wicks, some that fell right out of the tin cups, and the cups were so thin and cheesy, you could dent them with your finger! The cups were one small step up from tinfoil!

I make and sell tons of tealights because of it. I get 7 hours burn time on my plain ones, 10 hours on my blended ones. Still, I get some people that have been spoiled with the cheapies and just can't understand why quality tealights cost more.:tiptoe:

Ha!

Exactly the same has happened with Ikea. They are (or, used to be) THE place to buy tea lights over here. I used to buy a couple of bags of 100 to keep me going. Not any more. Charging the same price, but the cups/ quality/ burn time etc. now fail dismally. So yes, the solution, I guess, is to make our own.

Such a shame! We were just saying you can't get anything as a bargain any more =(