Scentsy Warmers with bulbs not melting my wax :/

dcroome2005

I don't understand why the 25W is causing problems. The plug-ins have a 15W bulb and melt my melts just fine. What is the melt point of your wax?

I don't have a Scentsy but do have a ScentSational that has a 25W bulb. It works good for me but I did notice the bulb is really close to the melt tray. Not sure if that is normal or not since I used to only use tea light warmers.

The wall plug in warmers NEVER worked for me. I would cut my 1 oz melt in half and there would still be hang up on the sides of my melter. I use Ecosoya CB 135 with no other additives so it is weird to me why my melters never worked (purchased plug in melter from Levine Gifts)

• 9 years later...
12 minutes ago, Jenn K said:

I have 2 plug in night light scentsy warmers and they are not melting the wax! I have changed the bulb but no difference. What watt do I need?

I would not mess with those.  The original bulb is tiny, like 7 watts or less. If the socket of the plug in unit is not designed for higher wattage it could become a fire hazard. 

either reformulate your wax to have a lower melt point, or use salt/sand, etc as the base and add fo in drops to it.