fragrance help....please

TwinMom

I have a few Christmas scents, maybe a handful that I have. Some people buy the Christmas scents while many stick to the year round sellers. Mulberry, Sugar Cookie, scents like that I can sell year round so I don't really consider them Christmasy whereas Christmas Tree, Spiced Sugar Plum, scents like that are pretty much sellers once a year. As with any show, imo, you should have a variety of scents to choose from so surely any customer could find something they liked. Just like not all people like floral scents (and I'm one of them), not all people like Christmas scents.

I usually try to take 80% of year-round and maximum 20% holiday. Example: 24 regular and 6 holday specific. In my area, just like pleasureridge said, Mulberry, Sugar Cookie and (don't laugh) Mistletoe sell year-round and I dont consider them holiday specific. I will make a few Frankincense & Myrrh, Egg Nog, Bayberry and a few more of the Pine and Candy Cane. I have found that florals are less popular and the bakery scents are a little higher in demand.

I have been known to re-name some just for the holiday. Sugar Cookies may become Cookies for Santa; Gingerbread renamed to Gingerbread House; you can get creative with the naming depending on what scents you pour.

HTH

I just did a show this weekend and I made 12 each of my fall and holiday scents and because it was around 75-80 degrees on Saturday very few people bought fall/Xmas scents. My year round scents were way more popular. I was very surprised but it's what was selling.