Wine soap went wrong

icecold

I made 2 batches of wine soap the other day, I have not cut them your but it looks like there is undissolved lye beads in the soap. I dissolved the lye in the wine and made sure all lye was dissolved but the mixture was really dark. Is it possible to rematch it if it is lye or should I just pitch it? How can you tell if it is lye? I know the tongue test if that's what I have to do.

No just my normal recipe, it did start to seize but that was after I added the fragrance and all oils and lye/wine was mixed in well. Just think all lye was not dissolved. If the wine heated up with the lye you would think it would have been dissolved after stirring and stirring. Not sure!

Well to let you all know I took it out of the mold and took the freezer paper off it and on the bottom the was a good size pocket of lye/wine that must not have mixed in. So I threw it away. I think next time I will do a lye water mix and then add the wine in at trace. Learn from your mistakes. I actually think it was the pink sugar fragrance I added as it did start to seize but I thought I mixed well but I guess not.