Dry Brushing Top of Soap With Mica Dust

AnnieD

post-13801-139458486255_thumb.jpg

I have started experimenting with dry brushing mica dust on top of some of my soaps. Here is an example of what I did the other night.

I had read one method of doing this was to spritz the top of the soap with hairspray, then apply the mica dust, then spritz with hairspray again. This seemed to work okay, and I know the mica will wash off with the first wash or two. But on one of my soaps (it had a less detailed design), I could see the dried hairspray.

Anyone know a better method to dry brush and fix the mica dust on the soap?

Thanks!

I dry brushed mica on soaps that I made for my daughter's baby shower and then just wrapped in plastic wrap, hit each with a heat gun and the mica stayed beautifully. I never heard of the hairspray method before and not sure of any other methods... I will be watching this thread too! Sorry I wasn't any help here.

Thanks! I might try rubbing it with the soft cloth idea. Last night I made some more and just basically used my finger to color it (I have a stencil brush I use dry, but it seems like it might mar the finish on the soap and take away some of the detail). On advice of another, I spritzed with alcohol afterward. I used one of the soaps this morning and of course the mica washed off, but it looked pretty all wrapped up!