Aqua Gems Anyone Done These

ladysj

I bought some of these to try & wasn't sure how or what to do so I put a few in a jar with fragrance oil. They have been sitting for several hours & I'm not seeing them increase any in size. Is there something special I need to do? Thanks for any input. :smiley2:

You do need to use water, they are just a better looking version of smelly jelly though I think they work better than the normal polymers they use for smelly jelly, the space between lets a little more air flow through them picking up scent (I think) I haven't made these in a long time though I do remember doing like 1/4-1/2 ounce fragrance oil 1/2 ounce emulsifier (I used unscented dish soap) to a gallon of water, shake it up and add the polymers, I'm sure someone can give a better recipe, or you can search out smelly jellies on here I bet there is a ton of other information.

Good luck

They work the same way as smelly jellies. Warm to hot water works best and if my memory serves me correctly a pinch of salt and FO. You can also use a small amount of food coloring or any other type coloring except candle color.

The throw is nothing to write home about but they sure do look pretty in a clear glass bowl/ vase.

What I had done last year was use a fish bowl type container I got at the dollar store. Put a clear votive glass container with a tealight in it and carefully poured the marbles into the container all around the votive so that the marbles almost reached the top of the votive cup. When the tealight was lit you could see through the container and it looked so pretty. If I can get my camera working(or my daughters) I will try and post a pic.

hth

Thanks everyone for you replies. After thinking more about it I figured they would probably be the same as smelly jellies so I add water to fragrance oil. It's scented in Hycianth & it rocks. Can smell them in the whole house.

They work the same way as smelly jellies. Warm to hot water works best and if my memory serves me correctly a pinch of salt and FO. You can also use a small amount of food coloring or any other type coloring except candle color.

The throw is nothing to write home about but they sure do look pretty in a clear glass bowl/ vase.

What I had done last year was use a fish bowl type container I got at the dollar store. Put a clear votive glass container with a tealight in it and carefully poured the marbles into the container all around the votive so that the marbles almost reached the top of the votive cup. When the tealight was lit you could see through the container and it looked so pretty. If I can get my camera working(or my daughters) I will try and post a pic.

hth

Oh yes please I would love to see a pic they sound like lovely Christmas gifts.