candlewarmers.com

tamese

Ok I was told that the ceramic candle warmer & Dish from candlewarmers reaches a temperature between 200-315. Has anyone used these and if so is this true? I was thinking that temp is to high for melts. Am I wrong in thinking this? What is a good temperature? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

• 2 months later...
Ok I was told that the ceramic candle warmer & Dish from candlewarmers reaches a temperature between 200-315. Has anyone used these and if so is this true? I was thinking that temp is to high for melts. Am I wrong in thinking this? What is a good temperature? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

I seriously doubt they get that hot, most waxes unless it is a high temp wax will start burning or discoloring if left above 200 degrees too long. The testing that I've done tells me that the optimum temp range is between 160 - 185 degrees depending on how heavy the FO is. Starting at 180 degress and up, depending on the FO will reduce the longevity and performance of the throw. HTH

I noticed there are a couple threads going on right now about different candle warmers & tarts. I have only been trying out a couple of warmers that I picked up at Walmart that have a 25w bulb. Never saw any smoking. I have noticed smoking/steam from a tea light warmer though as I think they get a lot hotter. So now i just received a couple candlewarmer.com warmers and threw in a 1oz tart to test. These warmers are a lot larger than the walmart ones so it seems a 1oz tart does not make the melt pool deep enough. I only had it on for a couple hours before heading out to work but my concern is that a 1oz tart is not enough wax for these large warmers. The melt pool isn't very deep at all and I could see where maybe it could start smoking/steaming after left on for a long length of time. So how many 1oz tarts or clamshell cubes would be appropriate for these warmers? These are the 25w lightbulb style ones. I also got one of the bowl/hot plate type warmers but have not tried it out yet. I will test again when I get home in the morning and will be checking the temp on the wax.

The plate warmers I suggest to my customers 1 cube which is about 1/2 ounce, the lighted warmers at least 1 ounce. It only really needs to be covered though the more they put in the lower the temp of the melt pool, so it will actually last longer with more, but be stronger with less.

• 1 month later...

I recently contacted candlewarmers because my 1 oz wax melt made with 100 % soy reaches 220 degrees. This was the response I got:

The ceramic does get that hot to keep the wax around 140-160 degrees. If you are only putting in a few cubes of wax then you may be reading the ceramic temperature. We have filled those all the way with wax and have read the temp and it is in that range, we have also only put in 1 small piece and gotten the same results as you. We believe that it is the ceramic and not the wax because there isn’t a whole lot of wax there to read. The warmer is only there to supply power to the bulb, the bulb is what heats the wax. The bulb is only designed to put off so much heat and can’t heat more than that. We actually have a testing area here with about 30 illuminations going full time over the last 6 months so we have some pretty good data on those. These do get hotter than the scentsy ones because we do use a stronger bulb. We have noticed that the scentsy warmers don’t always melt all the wax when you put a larger amount in and that is why we chose to use a stronger bulb.

With all that being said, I still think my Snowman candlewarmer get's way too hot if my melt pool is 220 degrees and that is just the melt pool, not the ceramic dish. I won't be purchasing the candlewarmers again, I will stick with the $15 Walmart Better Home and Garden's brand that work AWESOME and reach only 170-180 degrees melt pool. I do not want to put 2 of my 1 oz wax melts in a melter and that is basically what it looks like I would have to do to not have the candlewarmer melter reach such a hot temperature.