To tempur or not to tempur...

I've noticed on the few occassions that I've had to remelt some of the candles (using 464), that the frost was completely emliminated. So if I were to tempur the wax from now on to avoid frost in the colored candles do I...1) melt wax, then cool to slushy, then remelt and add dye and fo or 2) melt wax, add dye and fo, cool, then remelt? I'm thinking #1 to avoid losing fo am I right or will adding dye after 2nd melt reproduce the frosting?

There is a LOT of information in the threads about tempering and the different techniques. Use "tempering" and "Chocolate" as your search terms and you should come up with plenty. Some people swear it's bogus, but I figure if tempering were not important, manufacturers wouldn't temper their products before flaking them to box up and sell to us... I temper wax before adding color & FO, then I pour. Tempering will NOT completely eliminate frosting - certain dyes & FOs encourage the growth of the undesirable crystal phases, as does temperature fluctuation. HTH

Stella-once again thanks for all the helpful advice...I ordered more 464 and will continue experimenting because I really would like to color the candles.

Carebear-LOL I was debating which way to spell temper...