ISO Silicone Baking Cups for CP

Oceangazer1

Can anyone tell me if I can find silicone cupcake baking cups for CP locally? Or do I have to order from amazon, ect? I don't have a restaurant supply around. Any info would be appreciated. I would really like to try to make these!! I looked in walmart and michaels and no luck. Thanks a bunch!!:smiley2:

now we want to see what you make... :)

It's going to be awhile. lol. I just wanted to make sure I had them for when the urge strikes me to try again.

I have a show this Saturday and the cupcakes I made the other day are so ugly they cannot be posted! LOL!! And they are all ash!

How do you avoid that with the cupcake soaps? lol.

Oh...mean't to add they have the heart shaped silicone cupcake cups in case anyone is interested! Maybe for Valentine's Day would be nice!! :cheesy2:

If you go to Michael's site print out their coupons. There is a 50% off baking coupon! I got the cups for 5.00!!! Going to stock up. May also get the heart shaped. If the soaps don't go well for me I will keep the rest aside for "real" cupcakes. :P

Where did you order them from? I haven't heard of them.

You can find them on etsy or cupcake shops online. I haven't been able to find them locally at all. I did order some from Iherb though they are unbleached and are supposed to stand on their own without a pan. If these work I'm going to buy some pretty patterned ones. If you need some sites let me know I have some saved that I might order from if they work :)

You can save your money on those if your handy :) I use my old 2lb lye bottles and had hubby drill a hole in the cap and my large tips fit right in there, I didn't even have to glue them. I like using the larger tips, because the smaller ones take forever to pipe on and kills my back.

You can save your money on those if your handy :) I use my old 2lb lye bottles and had hubby drill a hole in the cap and my large tips fit right in there, I didn't even have to glue them. I like using the larger tips, because the smaller ones take forever to pipe on and kills my back.QUOTE]

Wow thanks for the tip, I've always wondered what to do with those bottles! I think cupcakes to start with and then try and tackle the cakes (look difficult to do right). What size silicone liners are best for cupcakes? TIA

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

It's going to be awhile. lol. I just wanted to make sure I had them for when the urge strikes me to try again.

I have a show this Saturday and the cupcakes I made the other day are so ugly they cannot be posted! LOL!! And they are all ash!

How do you avoid that with the cupcake soaps? lol.

You avoid them by not making them for soap, you make the real things and send them my way :) HAHAHHAHA

For the OP-have you tried AC Moore? I love that place! I think I have seen them there. I bought some individual ones

You avoid them by not making them for soap, you make the real things and send them my way :) HAHAHHAHA

For the OP-have you tried AC Moore? I love that place! I think I have seen them there. I bought some individual ones

I only have a Michaels close by. There maybe an AC Moore in Daytona...but Michaels is great and I found the cupcake silicone cups!! I made Mulberry cphp in the gallery.

Go look and tell me Honestly what you think!

I was going to avoid the soap cupcakes but I think with practice I May have a Chance to get a little better! LOL!

You can save your money on those if your handy :) I use my old 2lb lye bottles and had hubby drill a hole in the cap and my large tips fit right in there, I didn't even have to glue them. I like using the larger tips, because the smaller ones take forever to pipe on and kills my back.QUOTE]

Wow thanks for the tip, I've always wondered what to do with those bottles! I think cupcakes to start with and then try and tackle the cakes (look difficult to do right). What size silicone liners are best for cupcakes? TIA

Your wle

Steve

No problem! The regular size silicone liners though should be fine I believe they are 2" or so this is a normal size cupcake.