Clamshells Arriving Today

Alajane

I'm so excited! This is the first time I've ordered a case of clamshells and can't visualize what size box to expect for 875 clamshells. Wondering if it will be about the size of a case of wax or will it be humongous!

Don't know why this is exciting me so much! :cheesy2: I'm used to receiving supply orders.

As I said, this was my first time ordering from this company. Was very happy with their speedy delivery, but the clamshells seem a little less thick than the ones I'd been getting from Lonestar--I know Impact is another manufacturer that we've had co-ops from and I'll bet that's where the ones from Lonestar come from. I probably won't get a chance to pour until this weekend and am anxious to see how these hold up--hope they're as good as what I've been using. I always pour clamshells below 160° so hopefully these will be fine.

That's where I got them. I wouldn't have noticed any difference if I hadn't had one of the others on hand to compare with. When I first started pouring clamshells I had a few get distorted shapes until I lowered my pouring temperature and I haven't had any issues in quite a while. Glad to hear you've had good results from the same company.

Yep, that's the number I got, too. I poured some this weekend and didn't have any distortion issues. The only problem I had was separating them to use them--they stuck together more than the ones I had from Lonestar. But I've had that problem in the past with some others; had just forgotten about it because the ones from Lonestar don't stick together. But a little extra tugging is no problem for that kind of price!

The part number is 1524 at both Eclamshell and Impact. However Impact has a 2 case min. I tried Clamshell and never looked back. Virtually the same product for less money and you can order 1 case at a time. One word of caution is order early. They sell out often and you'll have to wait for the next production run.

• 1 month later...
has anyone else thought that the ones from eclamshell were just a bit thinner? I thought they weren't quite as thick as the ones from impact. I noticed this especially on the sides, between the cavity and the edge.

eclamshell's definitely are thinner. They are jammed together so it is hard to get apart. I have bent, warped and even cracked some of them trying to get them apart. They bow out a little when filled with wax. I am not sure if the savings justifies the time spent getting them apart and quality. These are not manufactured the same regardless if they have the same #.

dianad: I get the same if not a smidge more from my wax batch into the eclamshells as the impact ones.

Edited by NaturallyTru

eclamshell's definitely are thinner. They are jammed together so it is hard to get apart. I have bent, warped and even cracked some of them trying to get them apart. They bow out a little when filled with wax. I am not sure if the savings justifies the time spent getting them apart and quality. These are not manufactured the same regardless if they have the same #.

dianad: I get the same if not a smidge more from my wax batch into the eclamshells as the impact ones.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I was using the right ones or not. Mine have the little circles on the bottom of each cavity.