Votivo's safety (wicking)

I was wondering if anybody has burned a votivo to the bottom? Are the wicks really not attached to the bottom? The reason I ask is that I was flipping through a gallery on Candles Off Main's facebook page showing their visit to the votivo factory. Their wicking process seems to be against almost anything I learned about candle safety... If you flip through the pictures it seems like they warm the containers, fill with wax, drop a wick in, wait for it to solidify slightly, center the wick in the candle slush and then re-melt to smooth the tops (with a salamander like thing.) This means their wick is not attached at all to the bottom of the container. Is this true? Would there be any situation where this is safe? It just seems odd that a $25 6.8 ounce candle would have such an obvious safety issue.

I have a votivo candle that is burned almost all the way down and the wick hasn't come loose yet (i like to test big manufacturers candles for comparison to my own). It doesn't really surprise me that they would not attach the wick. When I first started candlemaking I found that a lot of people make them that way, although I would never personally make my candles that way due to safety concerns.