how to remove melts from warmer

tamese

ok I know this may be a stupid question, but I wanted to try my hand at some melts. I'm going to be using clamshells and was wonder how the wax shoud be removed from a warmer. Should I be able to remove the wax once it has cooled completely or should I just be able to pour the wax out while still hot. I'm asking because I'm wondering if the wax I'm useing is the right wax. It pops out of the clamshell just fine. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Guest ttmontes

Thats been my mission is to find the wax that falls right out when it gets solid... so far no such luck but I use to buy from a lady a long time ago and thats how hers were once they got hard with just a little push they popped right out I loved that!

Palm wax (feather) falls out when its cooled. Soy/paraffin I put in the freezer.
I've tried Tribalvixen's feather palm melts and I love how they slide right out after they cool. And the hot throw is fab! She has convinced me feather palm is the way to go, lol.

I use the night light warmers and dump mine out when they're warm. Otherwise if I let one harden, I turn the warmer on for a little bit just to get the outside of the disc soft and then dump it out (it normally slides right out) or wipe it out with paper towel (since it's mostly still hard, just melted enough to move out of the warmer).

Someone recently told me that Scentsy is selling these little things you put in your warmer under your melts and then when the melt hardens you just pull up the tabs and it pops out. Ridiculous IMO, but I can see how people would be buying them nonetheless...so clever on their part I guess.