Candlewic CBL 130

Anybody have any experience with this wax recently.. It is next on my list for testing.. I am not sure whether to use the CD or the ECO wicks for this blend.. Any thoughts are much appreciated

Candlewic has wick recommendations for their blends. This one suggests RRD, ECO, HTP and I forgot after that. I do use Eco's solely with it and am very pleased with the performance.

HTH

I looked at their wicking recs but wasnt sure how accurate they were.. They show ECO 12 to 14 for 3 to 4 inches.. I have both CD's and ECO's so I will start out with the ECO's to see.

What I found is I had to go down from CW's sizing for ECO's. Might be my oils, jars or might be the wicking chart.

My 16 oz apoth. with a 3-5/8" opening are usually taking an ECO 10....sometimes an 8. With the ECO 8's they started out looking like they might be under wicked but as burning time went on that was not the case. But... if the 1" per hour rule was not done...an 8 would tunnel on my particular jars.

I've tried using a 12 which is the size CW recommends for this size jar but they did not work for me. I have some new 16 oz apothecary jars coming from CS that I'll be using from here on out b/c I saved a lot of money over the supplier I was using. The measurements on these are a bit larger than the ones I've been using. I'll let you know if I find I have to go up to a 12 on these. I'll know that by like mid next week or so.

I also found I could not use RRD wicks which is what they list as a first suggestion in my jars. They torched on me.

This wax wicked quicker....way quicker than any other I've tried even with the variation in the ECO 8-10 on these jars. Also, my testers and buyers have said they "love" how my candles burn so I think it is a good combo.

Good luck. That is the only wax I use so I'd be happy to help if you have any questions.

Edited by jeanie353

I've been using this wax for about 4 years now and I went "against their wick type advice" and decided to try LX. If you've read any old post njcandle, you may have come across me saying that Bill Binder recommended LX wicks to me to use in their palm pillar wax. So after I tested the sample wicks that he sent me I ordered LX wicks and on a whim one day I started testing them in the CBL130 wax. For me they work great. I use 8% FO and I usually cure at least a day but sometimes I have tested several hours after I pour and I get a strong HT. I've had better luck with CW's Ultimate scents than their regular FO line.

Thanks Maggie.. I am going to continue using the wax that I love while testing this on the side. I tried the ultimate whipped pumpkin pie.. if you happened to use that one and had good results with the LX.. Let me know.. Would be much appreciated.. I exclusively use the ultimate scents except for the citronella which is quite ultimate to begin with.. I am wondering what went wrong here but I will not give up :)

Thanks Maggie.. I am going to continue using the wax that I love while testing this on the side. I tried the ultimate whipped pumpkin pie.. if you happened to use that one and had good results with the LX.. Let me know.. Would be much appreciated.. I exclusively use the ultimate scents except for the citronella which is quite ultimate to begin with.. I am wondering what went wrong here but I will not give up :)

I have their Whipped Pumpkin Pie but I used it in CP soap...not wax. I use Pumpkin Pie from The Candlemaker's Store in OH. Sorry I couldn't help. Bill Binder at CW has always been a big help with advice and answers to my questions. Maybe an email or call to him would be a good idea...I always email and he responds pretty quick.

I've been using this wax for about 4 years now and I went "against their wick type advice" and decided to try LX. If you've read any old post njcandle, you may have come across me saying that Bill Binder recommended LX wicks to me to use in their palm pillar wax. So after I tested the sample wicks that he sent me I ordered LX wicks and on a whim one day I started testing them in the CBL130 wax. For me they work great. I use 8% FO and I usually cure at least a day but sometimes I have tested several hours after I pour and I get a strong HT. I've had better luck with CW's Ultimate scents than their regular FO line.

Maggie....I'd never thought to try LX for either 130 or Palm. I'm going to play around with them off and on to see if I can get a better HT. I'm not complaining by any means but if I can get a little more out of a candle...I'd like that :) When you use them in your palm pillars do you have to twist them? I've used them over the years and while I love the wick itself, I found they tended to burn kinda sideways. Maybe it was just my wax in my containers at the time. I'm using CSN now on the palm pillars but I have a ton of LX wicks here so would like to give them a try.

Thanks for putting that info up and sorry to butt into your conversation with njcandle.