Jojoba

moon01945

December isn't far off (the typical time when my distributors get their stock for the year).

The best pre-buy numbers I'm seeing in wholesale drum prices are $17-19 per lb (before freight).

IMO, if you like Jojoba and plan to try to keep it in your formulations, buy whenever you can. The shelf life is very, very long.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently worldwide demand is up, too... Then again, I've read there is no real shortage or crop issue - only a perceived one which causes companies to buy up the available stock, making it appear that there isn't enough to go around... like a run on gas causing a temporary shortage...

Who knows what the real deal is, but our reality is higher prices...

I use jojoba in practically all of my body products. :sad2: It is so wonderful. I have fidgeted over the years with alternative oils, but never seriously. Now, I will probably have to look for an alternative down the road. I have no idea what resembles jojoba oil at all. I got hooked on it and did not really search for replacements.