Another fire hazard

pixie

So I as at Montana Charlies (which is like a huge flea market here) to get a bunch of packages of socks and a new purse. There was a new vendor there who had a table with candles and tarts. Of course I had to check it out. I noticed one of the package of tarts was called "Forest Pine" and had what looked to be a tiny actual pine tree branch in it. I thought..no, maybe its a wax imbed made to look like a pine branch, so I asked the lady what it was and she said "thats actual pine, I take little snippets off the pine trees in my back yard"!

Does anyone else think thats crazy? I know some tea light warmers can get super hot and I think its stupid to add dried branches (kindling really) to the wax. My husband thinks I'm overreacting to this as he doesn't think the wax could get hot enough to catch the pine branch on fire. I disagree. What do you guys think?

When I visited the count was 191 - maybe it's cumulative?!?!?!?

271 when I looked - must be a total count - and we're making it go up! lol

And yes, another example of taking stupid chances IMHO - besides, if it didn't catch fire who wants to clean all that junk out of their melter?