Need help - again

Dee

Haven't been able to smell some of my votives when they are burning. Thought maybe I had candle nose because the cold throw is great. Asked family and they said they could faintly smell them. So cut some up and put them in my tart melter. Well wouldn't you know, I can really smell them in the melter. Can't figure out what's going on. I always use lx 10 or 12 wicks. Have been using the same votive holders for a couple of years. Any ideas? Its driving me crazy and I'm worried about selling the sets I made up for people this week.

how much FO are you using? Have you made any changes in waxes?

Thanks for your reply. Same wax, same FOs but LX wicks are from a different source than I usually use. Guys in the family (the scientists - lol), tell me it must be something to do with the combustion, seeing I get a great throw in the melter. Wondering if the FO is burning off too quickly.

Going to try some other wicks, but time is getting short.

Teaches me again to try one votive out from each batch I make, even if they are the same as previous batches.

Thanks for your reply. Same wax, same FOs but LX wicks are from a different source than I usually use. Guys in the family (the scientists - lol), tell me it must be something to do with the combustion, seeing I get a great throw in the melter. Wondering if the FO is burning off too quickly.

Going to try some other wicks, but time is getting short.

Teaches me again to try one votive out from each batch I make, even if they are the same as previous batches.

It could very well be the wick. I would play around with it. Sorry I cant be of more help

Thanks everone for helping. I think the problem is that the wax pool is not forming fast enough. I kept an eagle eye on them today and thought they were liquefying way too slowly, with more hang up than ones I made from the last wax I used in September. When I let them burn longer than normal and there was a full melt pool, the FO did get stronger. But it took too long.

It was a newer batch of the same wax and now I'm wondering if there was a change in the additive amount put in by the manufacturer and the wax has a higher mp. Also wondering if the colder temperatures we've had make a difference. Also tried lx 10s but they were wimping out too early. Don't want to go to lx 14 - thats a little big wick for votives.