preservative ???? in cremes

elle110

Ok, I was on Burts Bees site and happened to look at their Beeswax and Banana hand creme, it says it is 100 % natural, it has water and aloe which would get mold right? How could they make a cream w/o a preservative with these 2 ingredients? I was always under the impression that if you added water to your lotion/creme you needed one

TIA

Michelle

Are those the ONLY two ingredients listed? Because I'm pretty sure I read something not too long ago stating that you can still market your product as all natural as long as it doesn't contain a preservative with parabens...like optiphen. Not sure if that is entirely correct, but it's legal- so they may have a preservative in there (which they MUST, because like you said, it could get mold otherwise!) and still be marketing it as all natural.

From what I understand, Burt's Bee's has been fined countless times do to incorrect labeling practices.. Most of their labels are unbelieveable, anyone who has 1 day worth of B&B stuff can tell there's stuff missing.

I've heard other people say they leave out their paraben preservative in the ingredients list too. If they have been fined so many times you would think they would shape up. I guess the profits from misleading people must outweigh the costs of the fines.

Don't shoot me but could they possibly be using the grapefruit seed extract as their preservative (I'm not saying it's right but don't some people do this?).

Jen

Umm, maybe, but I don't know how it could be enough to prevent mold, I would be terrified that it was going to get "yuckies" in it. I have tried the creme, it is ok, but I am just dumbfounded on the preservative thing LOL

Michelle