The correct wick for these

I wish I could help answer you horsescents, I do use 4627 exclusively but have

not been able to find time to pour anything in awhile. I do have a very large

coffee cup with a 4 inch diameter that I triple wicked with HTP 62's and it's

been burning quite awesome. I will take a pic of it and post it for you to see.

My coffee cup is quite large and open tho...more like a soup cup size.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24018[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24019[/ATTACH] ok...here are two pics of my mug. it's hot cocoa fo at 7%, 4627 wax, 3 htp 62 wicks. getting a good burn and scent throw is

good, though not a favorite of mine scent wise. going to test coffee next.

Wow! Thank you, Debbie! You're right on time with that! That's very encouraging. Do you have the wick assemblies touching? looks like they are.

I had to extinguish my tester with the two HTP 104's, the FMP was heck of deep and the top of the jar was very hot after only an hour, plus no HT. The tester with the single HTP 126 is looking really good, though, but darn it! I have to go somewhere, so I'm going to have to extinguish it only 2 hours into the test. Even the HTP 126 is not giving as good an HT as the two HTP 93's did, but maybe my nose is used to Birthday Cake, so it's good I have to leave the house.

Update: I tried again double wicking the 16 oz Ball Elite jar and 4627 wax with two HTP 93's, but this time I didn't put them close together with the wick assemblies touching; I spaced them as far apart as I could while still keeping the wicks 1" away from the rim of the jar. It's working much better and I think this might work, it's looking good so far with an awesome HT. Now I see that putting the wicks close together makes a much hotter burn and melts the wax so fast it can cause the wicks to drown, so it's interesting to see what a huge difference the wick placement makes when you space them further apart.

In the comments that I copied and pasted into this thread from the old Candletech forum, Ginger said she wicked her 4" apothecary jars and 4627 wax with two HTP 104's, but those jars have thinner glass that don't trap as much heat; so double wicking two HTP 104's is too much for the Ball Elite jar in 4627.

I tried single wicking with the HTP 126 and it was much hotter and worked much better than the HTP 1212, and if it wasn't so smokey in this wax I think HTP 126 would clean the sides of the jar all the way down and work perfect. But it smokes like a chimney in 4627.

A big "Thank You" to wakeylad for showing me there are two more even bigger-sized HTP wicks for large containers: HTP 136 and HTPXL-100. So, in order from smallest to largest melt pool it goes: HTP 104, 105, 1212, 1312, 126, 136, and XL-100.

Has anybody tried the HTP 136 and/or HTPXL-100 in large containers of 4" to 5"? especially in 4627 wax? If they're not super-smokey, like the HTP 126, they might work perfect in the 16 oz Ball Elite jar, because the HTP 126 is just maybe a bit too small.,.and SMOKEY.

Edited by HorsescentS

Wow! Thank you, Debbie! You're right on time with that! That's very encouraging. Do you have the wick assemblies touching? looks like they are.

They are not quite touching. When I stuck them in there...they looked off to me. They are not quite in the spot I wanted them, but it seems to have turned out darn good LOL.

This was my first time triple wicking anything...so I had a hard time finding the center of the mug and getting those wicks in place. It should be straightforward but for me...nope LOL.

They are not quite touching. When I stuck them in there...they looked off to me. They are not quite in the spot I wanted them, but it seems to have turned out darn good LOL.

This was my first time triple wicking anything...so I had a hard time finding the center of the mug and getting those wicks in place. It should be straightforward but for me...nope LOL.

What a wonderful stroke of luck! lol

I know you were disappointed with the Elemental Jars but take a look at the data for HTP-62. It seems to be a little hotter than it's adjacent wicks. Using this wick in 2.5 inch container has been a pleasant surprise.

Thank, rj! You've inspired me to try the Libbey Elemental jars again. Since you use 4630 and I have to wick up for 4627, I've been burning an HTP 83 wick in 4627 with Peak's Creme Brulee in the Libbey Elemental jar, and I'm getting a beautiful burn and strong HT. I'll keep you posted.