The correct wick for these

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyme-

These are AMAZING!

I love the jar (I currently only use the 8 ounce square mason jar) so I am partial to the look already!

Can I ask on the hang tags how you printed on it? I use hang tags from the Kraft Outlet that look just like that and I LOVE them but they are so plain hanging on the jar because I dont know what else to do with them- my handwriting sucks and the "made in Michigan" stickers fit perfect but look cheesy... I thought maybe the customers could use them to write whatever if they were buying for gifts but I love the logo Idea!

I am country/ western/ rustic/ themed and would love to put something to that effect on the tags!

Those really are some of the most "eye appealing" candles I have ever seen!

Update: The 62 zinc wick (single wicked) is working just fine in the 16 oz Ball Elite jar with 4627 wax so far (8% FO load, light color). The square part of the jar is 2/3 full of wax, but it's cleaned the sides except for a thin film of wax around the top 1" of the square part of the jar. I hope it will clean the glass perfectly clear as it burns down further into the jar. What do ya'll think? Kyme, is that about the same way the CD 16 wick works in that jar? or would the glass be nice and clean by now?

I've heard the low smoke zincs burn a little hotter than the regular zincs, so I might try whatever one of those is equivalent to the 62z.

Edited by HorsescentS

Thank you for sharing your creative juices - I've been using those exact jars from Target to make simple candles for myself - but yours are absolutely stunning. Wow - gorgeous presentation. :) I use CD 10/12's w/ a parasoy blend.

Edited by marcuset

Thank you for sharing your creative juices - I've been using those exact jars from Target to make simple candles for myself - but yours are absolutely stunning. Wow - gorgeous presentation. :) I use CD 10/12's w/ a parasoy blend.

Thanks, Marcuset! How far down into your jar does the level of wax have to get in order for the CD 10 or CD 12 wick to completely clean the glass?

The 12's take a little while to clean the sides. My error - I don't use the 10's on the 16 oz squat jar. At any rate, I like how the CD's burn with the parasoy. But, this jar is so pretty. I've also used it for tart brittle crumblies.

Kyme-

These are AMAZING!

I love the jar (I currently only use the 8 ounce square mason jar) so I am partial to the look already!

Can I ask on the hang tags how you printed on it? I use hang tags from the Kraft Outlet that look just like that and I LOVE them but they are so plain hanging on the jar because I dont know what else to do with them- my handwriting sucks and the "made in Michigan" stickers fit perfect but look cheesy... I thought maybe the customers could use them to write whatever if they were buying for gifts but I love the logo Idea!

I am country/ western/ rustic/ themed and would love to put something to that effect on the tags!

Those really are some of the most "eye appealing" candles I have ever seen!

Thank you :)

I keep a mixture of super concentrated tea in a small spray bottle I mist them till I get the desired look then I dry them in the oven on the lowest setting or air dry them. Then I just used my logo rubber stamp with black ink to stamp the design on them.

Super easy, I do about a 100 at a time...they last me awhile that way.

I love Rustic, vintage & steampunk look...Living in Texas I am surrounded by rustic.

Am I reading that right? $25.96 for 4 jars at Ace????

No, the jars come in a 4-pack for $5.25. A case has four 4-packs, so you get 16 jars with lids in one case. I think I only paid $23.00 for my case of 16 jars with lids at Ace Hardware.

I tried to order them from Target first, because they're not in stock on their shelves until later in the season; but the guy I talked to on the phone said I couldn't order them...I can't remember why. But that's why I ended up ordering them over the phone from Ace, then I drove to pick them up a couple of days later. No shipping charge.

I also tried ordering them by phone from Lowe's, but was told I couldn't do that either. I didn't see them on Walmart's website, even though I have seen those jars at Walmart a couple of years ago...or maybe they only had the 8 oz size. Anyway, I called Walmart customer service and couldn't order them there either. You can order them from True Value Hardware too, but I don't live near one.

Edited by HorsescentS

Do you have a Kmart in the area? Not sure they have them in stock either but last summer got ours from there. Did the Gopher thing online and when picking up they are waiting in layaway.

Thanks, Jeannie! Good to know about Kmart too! :) They're $5.99 for a 4-pack at Kmart right now:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_011W766626110001P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

The Target closest to me says "out of stock" other ones either say "in stock or limited stock" Maybe try another Target?

Lowe's, Tractor Supply, most hardware stores, Target and Walmart don't stock their canning jars until sometime in the Spring when people start canning, but you can order year-round from some of them. I tried to order them from Target over the phone and pick them up at the store, but was told I couldn't for some reason.

Thanks, Jeannie! Good to know about Kmart too! :) They're $5.99 for a 4-pack at Kmart right now:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_011W766626110001P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

Awesome! They are so darn cute. That price is a bit high but considering no shipping makes them affordable.

Did them for a rummage/craft sale last year by my daughter. No label just black lid w/hang tag.

Edited by jeanie353

Matt Black would be beautiful! I'm doing a gorgeous shade of metallic copper. :grin2:

Love all the ideal with the lids. Copper sounds nice.. Also love the silver that they are. Kyme what a great job, would steal in a minute if it wasn't so much time. Plus don't know how to do the burlap or the tag or crystal and where did you get those Keys. Was that a zipper??? NICE

Love all the ideal with the lids. Copper sounds nice.. Also love the silver that they are. Kyme what a great job, would steal in a minute if it wasn't so much time. Plus don't know how to do the burlap or the tag or crystal and where did you get those Keys. Was that a zipper??? NICE

Hi Sharon!

I found the Keys on Ebay...yes that is zipper tape. I bought a industrial roll (weighs about 30lbs) to use for embellishing my stuff. I love it, because its so un-expected.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4334287&kw=elite&lmdn=Brand&searchId=60695405053

This says just a 4 pack for $25.00 ???????????????? Unless I am retarded and dont see it lolol All I see is a 4 pack only

Well, unless we both have a little problem....I'm seeing what you're seeing.....lol.

Do you have a Kmart in your area? $5.99 and you can do the Gopher thing

Well, unless we both have a little problem....I'm seeing what you're seeing.....lol.

Do you have a Kmart in your area? $5.99 and you can do the Gopher thing

Ok, please explain what this Gopher thing is, lol. I've heard and used the gopher expression, but ya know, the term can be applied to many different things, depending on the profession. And I'm sure no-one here wants to hear our interpetation of "suffering from a gopher", "we've got to remove the gopher", "a gopher can be quite uncomfortable", etc. etc. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: So, what's the gopher and K-mart link? Pleeease?

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4334287&kw=elite&lmdn=Brand&searchId=60695405053

This says just a 4 pack for $25.00 ???????????????? Unless I am retarded and dont see it lolol All I see is a 4 pack only

Candy, that's a typo on their website. I called them on the phone and arranged for them to have those jars ready for me to pick up two days later, and I only paid $23.00 for 16 jars with lids, and no shipping fee.