Blech.

Testing Creme Brulee today to add it in the spring. Is there such a thing as it throwing *too* well? I can smell it all over the house, BARF. It's a great, strong scent, but OMgah, I *hate* sweet bakery fragrances. At least I know it's strong, right? I can't imagine how sick I'm going to be of pouring it when the warm weather arrives. :P

Glad to find out it's not just me!! I liked it well enough at 1st, but CB is SO amazingly sweet & strong that I really dislike it. Not to the point of hating it (yet), but try to get it outta the house as fast as possible. And, as always, it's a top seller that I can't keep on the shelf! Add that to Murphy's Law of Candlemaking: If you dislike/hate a fo, it will become your best seller.

Susan.

I made Cierra's Buttercreme yesterday and had to vacate the house for several hours after unsucessfully opening the front and back doors and turning on the hood vent in the kitchen. I can still smell it. Gag. I won't be buying a full size bottle of it, it stinks to high heaven.

It makes me afraid to try the creme brulee. :tiptoe:

I guess this is the positive aspect to candlenose, because now I can't smell a thing! I just got finished making a batch of lotion scented with a strong currant scent, made sugar cookie dough with a ton of vanilla, and I could stick my nose right in the CB tins and not smell anything, LOL!

I think I will cut back on it, at 1 oz pp it's just too strong, and as TxSioux illustrated, even people who like it, I think, are going to think this is too much. This is the first time I've had to cut back on a scent, I always thought the stronger the better!