Difference in re-batching and M&P?

KMommy

Well.. the end process is kind of the same.. Here's the "bunbun" explanation..lol

M&P is a synthetic detergent bar, made up by huge manufacturers with chemicals to make it lather. Pop in it in the micro, pour it, let it cool, pop it out, and you have soap.

Re-batch is CP or HP soap. Real lye, real oils, real stuff. You make a batch of soap, shred it, add a little more liquid when you put it in the micro, pour it (ok, sometimes smash it) into the mold. Let cool, and pop it out, and you have a much better soap.

Here's a rebatch of mine.. Mint Mango Tea

Mintmangotea.jpg

I've got over 30 different colors of shreds, and keep about 20 lbs of white shreds on hand! So whenever the mood strikes and I want quick soaping gratification, I re-batch! All my eo soaps are rebatch also, as you can use 1/2 the amount as you would in CP since the scent doesn't burn off. Also good for finicky fo's!

Bunny,

I don't belive you can't do M&P worth a flip! I have seen some pretty photos of the work you do posted and I don't think there is anything you can't do!!! Thanks for the explaination and for posting the photo. That soap is almost too pretty to use!!!

Oh girl.. You're too kind! I mean it! My M&P is just horrible! I can't get my layers to stick together, can't keep my dyes from either bleeding or fading, and just not creative enough to do some of the awesome things the ladies here can do!

TY so much!