Car Air Fresheners

ksranch

Thanks, Ravens, I went over there and looked. Some good tips on painting. Didn't say whether it helps or hurts with a "timed release" type construction, but its easy enough to try it and figure that out.

Georgia, 4/1 ratio? FO and what? I agree, the FO has to be strong, I just need to slow down the release into the air.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...Georgia, 4/1 ratio? FO and what? I agree, the FO has to be strong, I just need to slow down the release into the air.

4 T beads to 1 T FO (I actually go by weight, but that's what I started at to get weights. Personally, I love it when I open the door and the scent knocks me in the face, but I have had people leave them in the bag, open, under the front seat or hang it from the clothes hook in the back of an SUV. If the windows are tinted it won't get full sun, just enough warmth to release the fragrance.

If I remember right, my tester was using Peak's Cool Citrus Basil and it lasted for 2-3 weeks. The other one that lasted a long time was Candlescience's Cinnamon Stick and that also lasted 2-3 weeks. But both of these are rock the house strong anyway.

Georgia, do you mind telling me what your best sellers are in the ornies? Also, at what temperature do you bake them for the 3 minutes? Thanks:)

4 T beads to 1 T FO (I actually go by weight, but that's what I started at to get weights. Personally, I love it when I open the door and the scent knocks me in the face, but I have had people leave them in the bag, open, under the front seat or hang it from the clothes hook in the back of an SUV. If the windows are tinted it won't get full sun, just enough warmth to release the fragrance.

• 1 year later...

I wanted to try making these so incorporated them into our craft for our Girl Scout Christmas party last year - big hit btw. Anyway, I live in Texas where it can reach 120 degrees in the car. Mine is still hanging strong! Scent is gone though, almost a year later, of course. Georgia, about how long do yours hold scent?

jeniryan, I've hung them on the Christmas tree, too. I've also stuck a suction cup hook on my son's bedroom window and hung one up - no more "old sneaker" smell.

In my car they last at least 2 months - some a bit longer. I know that my nose gets accustomed to it so I have others check. The other day at the BK drive thru the cashier commented on how great my car smelled...it had been hanging about a month at that point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also love the beads from BC and have been a customer since 2005! I have tried others, but their's have been the BEST I have ever tried! pick up cookie cutters at yard sales and craft stores, online and have most of the ones BC has I got some of theirs when I went to their 1st ever candle convention in 2006 and aslo picked up a few at Ikea while I was there (I love that store we don't have an Ikea in WV) I also found some neat tart molds there that were silicone ice cube trays for 1.00 ea. in different shapes! Sorry to get off the subject, but just an idea to look for if you live near an Ikea store!! But I live pretty far from BC and don't find their shipping that bad I always find plenty to order anyway when I send in an order! I love their scents and their Hand & body lotion is AMAZING!! and they have the BEST Cyclomethicone for Body Spray I have found!! And my Hubby loves it! I make him Blue Sugar Spray and it lasts a long time even longer than his regular cologne spray!! He brags about it to all his friends and people ask him what he is wearing, they like the scent!! Sorry I keep getting off the subject! But do try BC's Aroma Beads you won't be disappointed!!

Sue Ann

I've actually just put the scented aroma beads in a small bag, put under the seat- they've lasted a couple of months. (I've tried the ornies- I need more practice getting them to come out clean and not all raggedy on the edges!!)

I have a bunch of AB but haven't made many. I did use a heat gun to stick some together a couple of times. Used the small cookie cutters that are kinda thick. Placed on a metal pan and poured in some beads heated and added more. Make sure you have a nail or something to make the hole. I used a roofing nail. After cooling, I took it out and added a few more beads here and there to fill in spaces. It was about 1/2 - 3/4 " thick small heart. Never did put in the car but hung on my key chain, made my purse smell great.