"New" Supplier in Alabama

Just got the following e-mail and am thrilled! I was really hoping they would be open before I ran out of wax and it looks like they will unless something ELSE happens!

Welcome to Community Candle Supply!

My name is Daryn Flanders, and I am the founder of Alabaster Fragrance and Color. Over five years ago I sold the business to pursue other opportunities.

I am writing to let everyone know that I will be opening a new candle supply company within two weeks. Many of you are aware that Alabaster Fragrance and Color has gone out of business. With that said, we will be carrying the same supplies, such as fragrance, wax, etc. as they did.

The fragrances and all other supplies will be the same as with Alabaster. We are trying to supply you with the same quality that you are accustomed to having.

We look forward to serving you!

Daryn Flanders

Community Candle Supply

245 Scotland Drive

Alabaster AL 35007

I'm hoping to be able to do the same. By the time I started making candles Alabaster was already having issues. So, never ordered any supplies from them. Would be nice to drive to a supplier to get wax and containers. They had a very nice color selection of dye, anybody used it and liked it?

They had a very nice color selection of dye, anybody used it and liked it?

I use the liquid dye and have had nothing but great results. In fact that's the only thing I still was getting from them due to all the issues I'd moved elsewhere for all my other needs. I'd LOVE if he started carrying the aroma beads again. They were the BEST I'd found and were OOS forever then they just disappeared from the site altogether.

Alabaster also had a warehouse in Alabama--I was going by the address on the announcement e-mail:

Daryn Flanders

Community Candle Supply

245 Scotland Drive

Alabaster AL 35007

I'm hoping that's where it will be located--I'm pretty sure that's the old Alabaster location (at least the same street--not positive about the street number). Actually it's a relatively new location--they moved into it 2-3 years ago, about the time their troubles started, so hopefully it's not jinxed!

i always wondered if the new building was part of the financial problem. It is a very nice warehouse and storefront but a little hard to locate if you've never been there. I wish they would carry my brand of wax but will be satisfied to get other supplies without shipping costs.

Chuck, did you ever go to the location in Jemison? I thought the one in Alabaster was easier to get to than the Jemison store. I've been using them since they were in an old gas station in Alabaster many years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to the website. They are open but I wasn't impressed with there selection. Just ordinary IMO. But I hope they do well. It would be good to have a supplier closer. I'm going to wait to hear how their FO do before I go and get any.

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt even realize they were closing.....I never got that last email but, I did get this email on April 22:

Greetings from Alabaster!

Contrary to any rumors you may have heard Alabaster is NOT going out of business! In fact, we are, at this moment, working on a project that will return all inventories to historic levels! As a result of this project we are clearing out the long list of OVERSTOCKED fragrances shown below. There are some exceptional values here.

This is a first come first serve opportunity. All prices shown are by the pound.

Thank you for your support and for your patience! Have a blessed Easter!

Todd Ervin