Help request for Aussies

Well my 464 arrived coincidentally the same day that my container palm arrived from ACS (who do not have any soy at this moment).

Out of interest was your container palm the 25kg or 5kg size? Their website has been showing OOS of 25kg for quite some time. As they charge extra for 25kg in the 5kg packages when they have no 25kg (and sometimes when they DO have it but don't want YOU to have it!), I changed to NCS container palm. One thing I will give NCS - If you order a large quantity and they dont have it, they will send you multiple lots of the smaller packaging for the same price (Many times we have been sent 5 x 500ml bottles of FO instead of the 2500ml bottle at the 2500ml pricing, or 10 packets of 10 dye chips to cover an order for a 100 piece pack). This is important to us when working to tight margins and customer orders.

I guess you guys all got the email from ACS in regards to them having their server checked yada yada yada. I can't remember seeing any secure site notification on their cart, but I may also be wrong in that assumption. In any case I am paying them via paypal for now.

They use Verisign - there is an emblem on their site. Like most of these things, it is no guarantee that a site has not been compromised, or any of their data held outside their site. The email seemed out of character for them IMHO, but I am a self confessed cynic.

We will direct deposit only from now on.

Keen to hear how the glassware and wax goes from the newer supplier. If it is who I think it is I had been eyeing off some of their wax previously for some special items I was thinking of developing in the future. I am very happy with the latest batch if NCS glassware - the quality of product and packaging are excellent. If they can come close to this in price for the same quality they will be gold! :cheesy2:

Definitely keep us in the loop Richard.

Cheers,

Bart

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bart

The container palm I get from ACS is the non crystalising variety, so comes in 25 kg boxes as a slab, which you have to dig / cut with a knife (or pour out in summer). I generally use the Lava from NCS for my other container palm. 464 is from ACS or now from Sydney. Glassware I try to maily get from NCS and will only get from Perth if I have to due to breakages etc. My last order of metros I had at least 10 broken. I am really hoping the new player is able to match the glassware pricing, and the bonus for me is that its only about an hour away so if need be I can go and collect :)

My last order from NCS I received 5 x 500 instead of the 2500 at the 2500 price. They are pretty good like that, and are ok to chat to if you get them when they are not too busy.

I would love top play with the micro crystaline waxes for hurricanes. I did try with palm but the melt point is not high enough, although they looked pretty good before the t-light went inside...LOL

I'll see how I am going for time on Wednesday Bart, and if I find a few spare minutes will give you a call as I will be working from home on that day so do not have to worry about chatting about candles with other people around when I am supposed to be working :)

No Worries....Didn't think of the non crystal container palm. I really liked the sound of that wax but being in a single block was a PIA for me so I have not played in that sandpit yet.....although I really would like to at some stage, just not with 'block' wax!

Yep....I am hearing you on the broken glassware from Perth - ends up being an expensive exercise in the long run. Too cheap and nasty.

Give me a try Wednesday....Am all over the place workwise at the moment with lots happening but if I am free I will answer, otherwise try me later in the day.

Cheers,

Bart

• 2 weeks later...

Most of us in Oz who have dealt with ACS would have received the email from them recently in relation to the credit card scam that appeared to hit many candlemakers (and others) in recent times.

The email went into detail about their web security and that it had not been breached, and they have regular scans done to ensure that is doesn't.

We have noticed with interest that there is now no option to pay ACS via credit card from their website....Now you have to call them with credit card details to complete the transaction.

Makes me wonder if that if their system was as safe and secure as they stated in their email, why wouldn't they continue using their safe system as they did before? Why would you then change it if it was secure and proven?

Did anybody get any feedback from the investigation yet? As my amounts were very small (and never actually got taken by the culprits bank) I was advised that I would probably hear nothing further on it.

Bart

Who knows, they may be completely innocent, but what are we expected to think when they claim their systems are foolproof and tested, then take them down and process payments manually through their EFTPOS terminal while they are in the process of upgrading to an e-commerce website? Wouldn't you leave the (alleged) tested tried and proven system in place until you changed over?

Only makes me more wary.....Maybe all the candle fumes are getting to me :smiley2:

Bart

Bart, I think you've made a valid observation. Not sure why they'd take away a function that they so strongly defended. Maybe they did it to prove that customers can still get hacked whether they use their service or not. My theory is that lots of services got hacked, not just theirs, so there isn't an easy way to narrow it down to just one source. Anyway, they did remove a function used by their customers so out of respect they should have explained why.

On another topic, I noticed that a candle supplier from the U.S. on eBay is now shipping internationally: http://stores.ebay.com/CANDLECHEM-COMPANY I have bought pour spouts from them because they fit my 500 ml bottles. I've also bought the Fresh Cut Grass FO from them and I am pretty impressed with it.

On another topic, I noticed that a candle supplier from the U.S. on eBay is now shipping internationally: http://stores.ebay.com/CANDLECHEM-COMPANY I have bought pour spouts from them because they fit my 500 ml bottles. I've also bought the Fresh Cut Grass FO from them and I am pretty impressed with it.

Jonsie, I just checked that link and a few items, but all said no international shipping? How along did you buy from them may I ask? I'm liking some of their warning labels :)

Thanks ! yep, that helped :)

I'd love some of the lids for the 500ml bottles, was it the 28mm width tops you got? they would fit the 500ml ACS bottles?

Postage is a bit on the expensive side, but hopefully with comnbined postage it may help if you buy small items... LOVE some of their pillar moulds :)

That's right, the 28mm width tops fit ACS's 500 ml bottles. The 24mm tops fit NGC's 1# bottles, and ACS's 100 ml bottles.

I have lots of 24mm pour tops and 28mm yorker tops if any of y'all want me to send you some. When I get my 28mm and 20mm tops from CandleChem I'll be glad to send some of those as well. I'm not sure what the 20mm will fit, but should be fun to see if they work on the 10 and 25 ml bottles.

I gave David at ACS the 28mm top and asked him to carry it. He said he liked it and would try to supply it, but that was about a year ago :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all - there's a new member (VivienneCrow) from y'all's neck of the woods who's having some problems with a votive wax not available in the US - could one of y'all take a peek and give her some input if you're familiar with her wax? Thanks!! :)

Edited by Stella1952