Bow Tie Wick Holder

romannumal

• 5 months later...

Probably will be a minimum quantity higher than you want. If you live near an airport, go see a general aviation mechanic and ask if there is a local sheet metal shop. I bet you can get a bunch made up out of scrap aluminum and cash to the mechanic would likely be appreciated.

Skip the whole going to an airport thing and looking for a crew chief. You will never find one or be able to go onto the ramp to talk one, even if you could identify one. Just google sheet metal fabrication and your town if you want to try the cutoff route, but it's going to be rather expensive. Sheet metal shops do not throw away their cut offs, they scrap them and make x amount of dollars per pound.

Skip the whole going to an airport thing and looking for a crew chief. You will never find one or be able to go onto the ramp to talk one, even if you could identify one. Just google sheet metal fabrication and your town if you want to try the cutoff route, but it's going to be rather expensive. Sheet metal shops do not throw away their cut offs, they scrap them and make x amount of dollars per pound.

lol, that's probably true. You'd have to go through freakin' homeland security body cavity searches.

I can just see it on YouTube.

The hardest thing would be figuring out who the crew chiefs actually are. All of the ground crew is going to be wearing ear defenders and reflective vests. One guy may be a loader, another may be avionics or E & E, another may be weight and balance. It would be very difficult to find a random ground crew that has his/her A&P license.

See, I was thinking general aviation. The phrase "crew chief" has no meaning there. Just a small airport, not LaGuardia.

And yeah, sometimes I forget how easy it is for me to walk around an airport and how hard it is for non-FAA certificate holders. (FAA certificate holders are called airmen, but that is not to be confused with the USAF.)

As mentioned before in this post, a crew chief would be the A&P, that stands for air frame and power plant. This has something to do with having bowtie tabs made up by going to an airport, randomly stumbling across a jet mechanic, having the good fortune of him pointing you in the direction of their sheet metal shop, not getting arrested while traversing the numerous runways and taxiways, and then not getting laughed out of the shop when the sheet metal fabricator looks at you and says, "you want me to make you what?? Do you not have any idea where you are right now"? At least that's according to YOU Erica, so you should know very well what this has to do with candles. lol

I happen to be an A&P, IA, and former DOM/CI. In many areas, there are general aviation airports with sheet metal mechanics. Having been a CI at an Allison Jet Engine shop, I can assure you that a jet mechanic is the wrong guy to go see.

There are tons of little shops around that can make these bowties and I pointed out one that might work. If it works, great, if not, OK.

Now, please take a class in literacy. My name is Eric, not Erica. There is no "a" in the nick. Your insults are again unhelpful to the making of candles. Since this is not your thread, and you are just here to be derogatory and insulting, then I invite you to leave. You contributed nothing helpful here.

Congratulations on you being an aircraft mechanic? I left the field and found that environmental chemistry paid a lot more. No one is going to head out to an airport and try to find a sheet metal shop. You have to think realistically, flight lines require clearance, you may it, but the average candle maker does not. Common sense.... If you would like to be referred to as a man, how about you start acting like one. In regards to your request for me to leave this thread that is not yours, no thanks, but thanks for asking? Yes that was a question Erica. So on the same token, will you please jump out of an airplane at 20,000 feet with no parachute?? My contribution was clarifying your ridiculous advice and showing how there was zero chance of anyone taking that avenue. So it looks like you are the one not contributing to this thread.

Richard, the name is not Erica, that is an insult and a slur and you know it. I could easily slur your name, but I won't because we have some rules here about that.

As for airports, there are a lot of small GA airports around that folks go to for things like this. I've had people knock on the front door (accessible to the public) and ask for odd things. This would qualify. It was one avenue to throw out on a creative level. If you don't like it, don't do it. Trashing the person that suggested it is inappropriate behavior.

There wasn't any trashing going on until you started out. And when did i ever give you permission to address me personally Erica? Kawboy888 is my handle on here. You posted a suggestion , i commented on your post. You didn't like my comments so the whining began. You do realize that people do not have to take another persons word as gold correct? You do realize that the point of these forums is to discuss things, offer opinions, debate issues.. correct? You are not nearly as Godly in candle making a you think, so your comments especially are going to be looked at closely and addressed. If you can't handle that without whining and crying CONSTANTLY about "personal attacks", then I don't know what to tell you. Grow some thicker skin. Freedom of speech trumps your know it all attitude every day of the week. I would hope that you don't leave the forum, I very much hope that you don't stop posting, (unlike you) I hope that you will mature a bit and understand not only the concept of forums, but how they work. Not everyone is going to be all flowers and roses to you and your precious little threads. Get over it princess.

The point of telling someone that they have been ignored is?? Are you trying to get in the last word like a child? Is it supposed to be a dig? Do you know what this means............ Erica, Bless you're heart! lol

Actually, ignore is a forum feature that means he can no longer see your posts.

We are well aware of what the ignore button does Angelique. I think you need to read what i said a few more times, I have confidence that you will figure it out. And next time you use the term, "actually", as if you are correcting someone, you may want to make sure you are correcting them and not responding by misunderstanding. Makes you look kind of, well, bless your heart..

We are well aware of what the ignore button does Angelique. I think you need to read what i said a few more times, I have confidence that you will figure it out. And next time you use the term, "actually", as if you are correcting someone, you may want to make sure you are correcting them and not responding by misunderstanding. Makes you look kind of, well, bless your heart..

Your a bored old guy, aint ya ;) It appeared as if you thought he was simply deciding to ignore you, my apologies, carry on

Hey, wait a minute!

Rich, you must know there are a few types of male baldness. It's believed that males whose baldness is on the front of the head are great thinkers. If the bald spot is at the back, they are supposed to be great lovers. If bald all over, they just THINK they are great LOVERS, bwhahahahaha.

Ok, done with my spazzing; it's just a joke, and hope you took no offense, Rich.

If I let my hair grow out, I think by now I would be rockin' a Phil Collins type thing, But I've been shaving the whole head ever since I was 19. It was easier to maintain it that way while I was in the Air Force. I think i would rather be buying shampoo and conditioner versus disposable razors, I go through a lot of em'!

disposable razors

Razors - now THAT'S a racket!! I end up buying a new razor and blades because it's less expensive than buying the overpriced refills. Disposables are just as bad... Can't face waxing, though, so I just keep paying through the nose and wishing I had stock in GiIlette...