Getting started/bath and body products

GRANDAMGT57

Did you get up this morning and drink your bath water?:confused: Damn straight your remarls are uncalled for and sarcastic not to mention plain out mean!

This person just needed some guidance and iwantitgreen started the ball rolling we didn't need your nasty 2 cents worth.

Johnna, Cellerdweller, and essaence4me I agree with you. There are people that don't want to post questions because this same S**t different day you never know what your gonna get.

I am new to the B&B too, and if I got this response I would feel pretty HUMILIATED, nothing like getting a crappy response to a simle question. I am so grateful that most of the people here have been here to help me. Why can't we do that for this poster?:confused:

I wish we had a "Like" button! :)

Sidebar: This thread is a great illustration of "what happens" (a question asked in another thread in the OT area http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95511).

To all new folks who feel like they're getting roasted:

WELCOME!:wave:

Despite the remarks of long-time members who are on their last nerve with noobs, and members who are on their last nerves with those who feel compelled to tell folks off at the slightest opportunity, there WERE a lot of HELPFUL pointers given to the OP and other new folks who may be reading.

I don't have anything to add to the info given by others, other than my usual, READ, READ, READ this forum inside out and make friends with the search tools (instructions for use on post#2 - CLICK HERE ).

On the General Candlemaking page, there are some worthy threads to help you learn and navigate the site:

Helpful Links for Newbies

and from that...

Suppliers and Common Abbreviations

Remember: YOU have to check out all these pointers - everyone does NOT agree on who's the best supplier, who has the best prices, what's the best {whatever} to use. Read a bunch, then dive in somewhere and make something. You'll understand more as you DO and then when you get stuck, you'll have more specific questions to ask.

Also to noobs and others who fear to tread:

Please ignore the *other stuff* and tweeze out what is most valuable to you in the pursuit of your interests. It's the game of Crafting Life. Your goal is to gain possession of a big, huge, perfect pinecone that's laying way in the back of a dog-sh*t mined backyard. You must weave your way carefully through the minefield to get the prize. You get bonus points if you can reach your goal (and get back to the house) without getting any of the brown stuff on ya! :)

The old Badfinger song is playing in my head...

"If you want it, here it is, come and get it"

Rereading my post...

Maybe I need to drink more coffee... dogsh*t minefield games and Badfinger? Now THAT's Off Topic!!:laugh2:Definitely more coffee is needed... It must be Sunday morning...

Edited by Stella1952

ya know, with 2 bigger dogs and 3 littles, my back yard is a doggie poo minefield! and it gets traversed daily for trash take out duty, and griped bout, course I don't take care of the back yard,the 3 guys in this house are more than welcome to clean it up!! I take care of the front yard, they can do something for criminy sake! oops, little rant there, anyway, if anyone needs practice maneuvering said minefield, my backyard is perfect!!

Shanda:p

"The old Badfinger song is playing in my head...

If you want it, here it is, come and get it"

Wow!...that song is truly a real blast from the past! I remember it from my childhood, now it will be playing in MY head all day..lol!

I know that this thread has gotten way off topic but I had to say thanks for the memory. :rolleyes2

Edited by essence4me
Added a line

ya know, with 2 bigger dogs and 3 littles, my back yard is a doggie poo minefield! and it gets traversed daily for trash take out duty, and griped bout, course I don't take care of the back yard,the 3 guys in this house are more than welcome to clean it up!! I take care of the front yard, they can do something for criminy sake! oops, little rant there, anyway, if anyone needs practice maneuvering said minefield, my backyard is perfect!!

Shanda:p

You may not care about the back yard but those piles of dog crap is how diseases like Parvo spread through a neighborhood. :angry2:

Don't take me wrong, I do care, but I've got a husband, a 16 yr old and a 14 yr old that can also do this duty. I fractured my spine and have never been the same since and doing the front kills me as it is. And although it may not make a difference, all my doggies are fixed, fully vaccinated, heart guard, etc. My vet loves me!! Their allergy meds alone keeps his wife in shopping heaven I think!! The littles also have clothes, they are my babies as much as my boys, I just want these boys to help out since they each have their "own" dog. We're also fully fenced completely around the house :)

Shanda

I got my husband a poop tool :laugh2:It has a triggar that opens the claws at the bottom and easily picks up the poop. He doesn't even bend over just carries a bucket with a handle around the yard. I bet your son's would fight over using that.

Sorry to hear about your back.

Edited by soy327

I've tried that believe it or not. They just think its the ickiest job in the world and don't want to do it. My doggies go mainly in front, so I clean up after them. I figure when one of the guys gets tired of stepping in it they'll clean it up. but of course we all know I'll be the first to cave I'm sure!

Even though this is wayyyyy OT, I'll risk posting this...

This tool is the hands down best for yard clean up:

http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/index.php?page=shop-flypage-30054

You're safely away from the offending material, and it works through grass like a champ. leaving nothing behind. Mine is at least 10 years old and works perfectly every time.

It also works in litter boxes.

OK, back yo the regularly scheduled topics...