HTP-126 wick

Hi there. I am having a really tough time wicking my 8 oz. square mason jars. The HTP wicks are new to me. The 105's aren't quite cutting it in most of my testers. I tried the 126 and thought the melt pool and throw were great, but it seemed pretty hot. Am I way off the mark here with the 126? It just seems so big! Being new to this, it is hard to tell if my perception is in line with everyone else. I know the guidelines for testing, but it is so hard to know if you're new to this whole thing.

I honestly have read everything I possibly could find on wicks. The problem that I am having is that I am wondering more if my perception is off....I always read and do research before testing. There is no guage for everyone's different perceptions. :confused: After searching the archives, I found that most people seem to use the 104's and 105's for this jar. The 105's worked for some of them, but not most. Could someone who uses this particular jar with HTP's please let me know if I am way off? Thank you