Layered Votives

I find them both pretty easy, but glass containers make it a little easier because you can see through them. There is no set "time" - when the layer below has hardened thick enough to support the new layer without caving in, that's the best time to pour the next layer. I do not let the previous layer become totally hard and cooled before pouring the next. I don't want shrinkage to spoil things and I want the layers to adhere to one another well. HTH :)

I don't think I have ever made an unscented layered candle. If I am making these to sell, I usually want the candles to be all one scent, so I make up the wax, add the FO, then divide it into pour pots to which I add different colors. Sometimes, I do scent the layers differently (example: white peppermint, red cinnamon or cherry for candycane candles). The beauty of this is that you can make 'em any way you like! :yay:

Most of the time for me, layered candles are a project for using up leftover wax. Those candles are reserved for my use and for gifting. I sort the leftovers by wax type, color and fragrance then layer them with other compatible colors and scents. I do the same thing when making "chunkies." My "leftover projects" are the ones my friends enjoy the most because they get the "one of a kind" candles I seldom offer for sale to the public. The candle in my avatar is one of those "leftover" candle projects. :)