Presto Pot / Turkey Fryer Question.

For those of you over there using the turkey fryers in particular. Is the heating element in those built into the pot or is it a raw element in the bottom that sits in the wax, somewhat like the commercial deep fryers where the element is sitting in the oil itself?

Thanks for the information. How do you go about cleaning those with the raw element. Not that it would be a huge issue for me as I only ever have unscented & uncoloured was in my pot, which I remove into another pot for scenting & colouring. Just questions I have wondered about as at the moment we are using a pot with a sealed element in the base, however it only holds about 8 lb melted wax and I would like to get somethjing larger.

The 65 lb melter would be awesome but we are not quite at that level yet, so something inbetween would be nice.

Thanks for all the replies. I have tended to avoid the exposed element fryers, but now knowing that they work ok I can have a look out for something a bit larger than my current 8 lb one. Not quite ready for a 65 lb wax melter as yet, so something inbetween would be nice