wick tab crimper? what do you use?

Hi all, I trying to find a good tool to use to crimp my wick tabs... as nothing I have found is working too well. Pliers only flat crimp that wont hold and then they dont fit my wick setter tool... Is there a special wick tab crimp tool? if so where can I get one? if not what are you all using to do so?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have tried using the crimping tools and I still have problems with the wicks letting loose after I pour the wax. Very aggravating.

The only reaosn why I have tried crimping my own is because CS does does carry CSN5 in the 6" inch wicks. Only 3". The jars I use needs them but they are taller. I have had to resort to finding a different wick for the few that I have to use the CSN5s.

I like the CSN wicks a lot and the 5 is a very small size compared to the holes on even CS's small wick tabs. I use a wire crimper, thinking the jewelry ones would not work since the wick tab tube diameter is larger than the bead tube sizes they cover. The crimp looks more factory-like but can't say it holds any better than the pliers, and it still can end up bending the whole tab.

A trick is to double the wick before putting it in the tab. Just bend it and insert the bent part into the hole. That should be enough to keep CSN 5 in there. If not, try two bends.

What's the wax/jar, I'm curious? With palm, I find I need CSN 7 for 2" mouthed small jars. Never tried CSN with paraffin.

What's the wax/jar, I'm curious? With palm, I find I need CSN 7 for 2" mouthed small jars. Never tried CSN with paraffin.

I use glass glow in 10 ounce square victorian jars. They are about 3" from corner to corner. I never thought of doubling them up. Good idea. I will have to try it.