Can't smell FO on skin

eileenpacheco

Hello,

I am new to this so sorry if this is a repeat question. I am using C&S base and C&S fragrance oils. I add 10-20 drops of fragrance oil per 4 oz bar of soap and I still can't smell the fragrance on my skin when I use it. Should I use more fragrance oil or should I use a different brand, are the C&S fragrance oils good quality?

Thanks,

Eileen

I don't know how many drops of oil "10-20" is. For a l lb batch I use 1 tbs FO for most oils. Some I need more and others less.

As far as C&S oils go I use just a few that work well for me and disgard others that don't. Most of my soaping oils come from other suppliers thou as C&S can be iffy. You just have to test out their oils to see if they work. Some like the Honeysuckle and Pumpkin Vanilla are really nice especially in their GM base.

They do have great bases. I used them for several years until about 6 months ago. Just got tired of them always being out of one base or another when I went to order. They just suck at keeping bases stocked.

I can smell the fragrance on my skin from my soap. But its not like the scent a perfume would leave. Its light and you have to put your nose right on your skin to smell it. If your soap smells good it will leave a light scent on your skin. Just don't expect it to act like perfume or body spray.

I was going to say the same most have said here... I've never used a soap expecting it to perfume me. It's more of an experience during use.

I think the most effect would come from a highly moisturizing soap... those properties 'cling' to you and I would imagine would be your best bet for fragrant skin afterward.

I know some people want to walk around smelling like a bar of soap, but when I smell soap on people from afar it makes me wanna gag, lol.

It's really best to only be able to sniff it up close, but again, I certainly don't think most people 'expect' that.

Edited by blazerina

I recently had a customer tell me how much she loved how her skin smelled after using one of my Tuscan Lace soaps. It had been a while since I used one so when I got home that day I pulled out a bar. She was right. It made my skin smell so nice.

I make 2 lb batches so for that I used 1 oz Tuscan Lace. That comes out to 1 tbs per lb of base.

I made a batch for my Christmas Craft show this weekend and renamed it "Turtle Dove" for a chrismasy name. Customers loved it.