TKB Credit Breach? Anyone

MarsBars

I can't believe you were just notified of it! Mine was one of the cards that was breached. I got the email last week about it . The only ones who were breached were people who ordered in the past 4 weeks (this was from the letter I got last week.. I received a letter from my CC holder the next day saying they had been notified of the breach and a new card was on it's way to me and the breached one canceled. The next day I got the new card. It seems that TKB knew about the breach way before they notified us by email which does not make me very happy. They should have let us know right away!

Well, that's just great, need to check my credit card. Think I actually used my debit card, which is worse.

TKB is TKB Trading out in California. They do micas, pigments, dyes, makeup, etc.

Just looked at their website and they actually have a notice posted about the breach with the dates, 10/10/2010 thru 11/13/2010, and to check your account activity. Looks like they had an issue with a former staff member.

Need to find out the date that I last ordered....

eta: Right smack dab in the middle of those dates

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Yes just got it. I don't understand why they would notify you much earlier than some other customers! Ugh very frustrating, esp this time of year when I use the credit card to purchase online. I don't have time to waste canceling/ordering a new card but I don't have much of a choice now do I? Hope everyone's cc are alright.

I got an email on Monday. :mad: I have been keeping a close eye on the business account that I used and so far nothing has been charged that I was not responsible for. I need that business card for fundraiser supplies, but once I am certain I have everything ordered then I plan on calling to request a new card.