Horrible sweating??

Hi! I am new to the board and have only been making candles for 1.5yrs. I have gotten my method with 464, 16oz apothos, and CD wicks mastered without any major problems...

My mother-in-law asked me to fill an old Mason jar for her which was different than what I'm used to working with, but I used my normal weighed 6% FO (NGs Christmas Splendor). I poured the candle 2 weeks ago went to sniff it yesterday and noticed there was a LOT of oil on top... so much that it splashed all over my shirt when I grabbed it off the shelf! :shocked2:

What did I do wrong?!?

Thanks!!!

Nothing.... I have been having this problem for over a year and off and on for 11 . Doing everything the same, same wax same dye same FO same amount same temp, heating and pouring. Some leek FO some don't. You just have to sop it up and re-heat the tops. Most times that works. It makes me so damm mad with 30 tarts poured on a tray, you never know if 3 or 24 or none will seep.:confused: I use GB435.

Edited by Sharon in KY

Thank you for the responses!!

So if I sop off the top will there be any HT when it burns? The whole 3" top literally has an 1/8" pool on it. The jar is 16oz just like my apothos so I prepared the wax just as I always do... heat to 175* adding FO at 150* and pouring at 130*

Could this possibly be problem with the oil? I've used it before but this was a brand new bottle. :confused:

I wouldnt worry too much about it really. It happens to me on some scents, sometimes, some weather. It is quite variable and not something you can predict.

For example I have found that Apple Maple Bourbon from CS is my worst offending oil. I had a period there where everytime this was poured the oil beaded on the top. Then it just stopped. I did nothing different, so I think it is just one of those things.

I know that doesnt help too much but what can I say :)