Kentucky Parasoy, Where Art Thou?

Shirlee

Kentucky Candle Wax Supply is still showing the parasoy out of stock. It's been like this for over a month now unless they did get it back in stock & then quickly sold it out again. Does anyone know what's happening with this?

Blessings,

Shirlee

Shirlee, I checked a couple of days ago and it was out of stock. If they're still out of it and you're interested in trying it, I could send you some. I have quite a bit of it left, hardly ever use it though because I wasn't impressed with it one bit. Isn't it funny how a wax will work for some people and no for others? It's kinda puzzling... and frustrating.

HTH

SharonKay ... You're right! Honestly, I looked earlier today (or maybe it was yesterday) & it was still showing it as being out of stock! So glad it's back. I ordered 10# & we'll see how this one does.

Ravens ... If you can get my TCS wax to work for you, maybe we can trade : )

Blessings,

Shirlee

Oh wow-wow-wow-wow-wow!!! Did I ever have fun at KY Candle Wax Supply!!! Vickey is so helpful as was her helper who very nicely loaded my purchases into my van for me since I can't lift much of anything. In the store there are single tarts to purchase of all the FOs available so you can "try before you buy" but I bought anyway ... lol! Got 10# of the parasoy, 11 FOs, & 5 bags of dye flakes. Vickey said to feel free to call her if I have any problems or questions. It was a nice drive out there as well. What a great way to spend my first outing by myself ... lol! When I got home, my sample of Clarus wax as well as 2 sample packs of FOs from Peak were sitting outside the garage, so woo-hoo :yay: Kind of wiped out now so don't know if I'll try any tarts today but tomorrow for sure :smiley2:

Blessings,

Shirlee

Well, I can tell you that Vickey said I picked out some great scents & mentioned the Country Gift Shop in particular. Said she loves that one. However, I made it right after I made the Home for the Holidays tarts so I wasn't able to really separate the two scents very well. I'll be able to tell you more when I melt some on Saturday. I'll melt those ones first. I also got another one that Vickey said she loves ... Zucchini Bread. I'll probably try that one next.

Blessings,

Shirlee

If you dye your candles, what color do you make Country Gift Shop?

I make mine a green color. It sort of throws some people off when I tell them it's my cinnamon scent and it's not red, but "Country Gift Shop" makes me think of green and rustic brown decor.

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a Blessed Thanksgiving! We just got back from being out of town for the holidays and I can't wait to get back to making candles! Shirlee, I'm sooo excited you found a place so close to home. I love going to the Melting Pot where I get my stuff and it saves sooo much on shipping. Hope this wax works for you! Have ya'll tried Country Berry Hotcakes? I bought that this weekend and it's great! :)

Hi Mary0050...I just got Country Berry Hotcakes as one of my sample fragrances from Peak. I am so... in love with it oob. I am going to put it in my wax today along with a few others. I got forty samples from Peak and I am so... happy with them. I'm just not sure I will use as much as I do in other oils because same of these are pretty strong. How much do you use per pound of the Country Berry Hotcake?

Thanks,

Sharon

I like working with the KY wax. I like that it comes in a bead-type form so I just have to scoop it out to measure it instead of cutting up a slab. I find that it's very creamy & cleans up easily out of my pour pot. It also pops neatly out of my tart burner when it melts & hardens again. I tried the Country Gift Shop 3-1/2 days after I made it. It had a nice fragrance but not as strong as I had hoped. I decided maybe I need to let my tarts cure a bit longer. As of today they've been curing for 7 days. I meant to re-try the CGS today but there was too much else going on so hopefully tomorrow.

Blessings,

Shirlee

Hi Mary0050...I just got Country Berry Hotcakes as one of my sample fragrances from Peak. I am so... in love with it oob. I am going to put it in my wax today along with a few others. I got forty samples from Peak and I am so... happy with them. I'm just not sure I will use as much as I do in other oils because same of these are pretty strong. How much do you use per pound of the Country Berry Hotcake?

Thanks,

Sharon

Sharon Kay, I use 1.5 per lb but I'm cutting back on my next batch to 1oz per lb. Like you said it's strong, kind of like Creme Brulee, so I'm going to cut back a little.

Shirlee, glad to hear you found a wax easy for you to work with. I'm going to try some Peaks scent. I've heard so many good things about it. Keeps us posted on your test results! Good luck!

Edited by mary0050
add comment