double wick or not

Guest RiverflowCandles

Guest RiverflowCandles

I can't remember if I need to double wick for a 16oz apothecary jar or not. Would love any help. Also I use liquid dye. any good color for mulled cider

Thanks, Vickie

Edited by RiverflowCandles

yes I would double wick those depending on your wax, I use C3 wax and would go with either 2/CD 12's or 2/CD 14's. HTH

I can't remember if I need to double wick for a 16oz apothecary jar or not. Would love any help. Also I use liquid dye. any good color for mulled cider

Thanks, Vickie

What wax are you using? I recently switched from C3 to 444 and I'm now able to single wick apothecary jars... yay!! Plus my candles last ALOT longer...

Could I ask what wick. I've been using 2 CD6 and they work good. I don't normally use that big of a jar but I ordered 12 of those cute santa and snowman pots from Candles and supplies for christmas. They taper down at the bottom like a flower pot and clean the hangup 1/2 way down.

Could I ask what wick. I've been using 2 CD6 and they work good.

I started out with Eco 16's and I like the way those burn. Little mushrooming, but not objectionable. This weekend I got kind of low on those, so I tried lx 30's. They work well, too and I think I may have better HT.

At some point I'll try the eco 14's and lx 28's, but I'm happy right now.

For me, big difference wicking this wax compared to C3....

Edited by nursenancy