Selling Candles Online

Yoshi

Use the shipping calculator on USPS.com

Find a box that works well for your candle. When I am shipping only one (which is rare..) I go with a cube box in the closest size i can get.. 4x4x4's are generally ok, or 6x6x6.

Wrap a candle exactly as you would ship it, bubblewrap/whatever. Tape the box closed and weigh it.

then, use the USPS shipping calculator. First class is generally the best price. Flat rate boxes would be awesome, but aside from the medium which is a huge waste of space and money, none of them fit standard candles.

I also print my shipping labels via paypal/usps. No more lines at the postal service, no more juggling funds... its all done in one place.

or.. charge a flat rate for all orders.. but that does turn off some customers... someone buying one pack of tarts isnt going to pay what it costs to ship an 11oz candle.

Thanks for the responses,

For now, I decided to break each state up into zones using the USPS chart. Then I inputted into Paypal the cost by weight according to the zone that the state is in. The only thing is that Paypal only gives you limited amount of lines to add weight options.

-----------------

Yoshi