soy/natural question

NOT TIME FOR A DEBATE!!:P

A soy chandler "educated" me that their candles are all natural, containing no chemicals. I was under the impression that dye and FO are chemical and make the candle no longer "all natural"?

I understand EO is different, BU, not all scents are available in EO.

So, if soy wax is considered natural, but you add dye and FO, wouldn't this be considered no longer "all natural"?

Also, is dye available that is all natural?

As always, thanks everyone!!

:cheesy2:

age old debate.. thats like soaps as well... like how I get irritated when I see "organic" soaps advertised.. because while the oils were organic, once the lye is added in.. its a whole new compound and its no longer organic... not to mention when the FO is added..

but like anything else they are "pop words" that are meant to draw attention..

Arguably, you could say that you make the soap in the pioneer fashion by using lye made from the ashes of a fire and dye from berries and fragrance from tree sap, blah, blah blah. You still have to light the wick and you still have combustion which still emits cancerous fumes into the atmosphere. Just smile and say, "Oh how wonderful for you". what else can you do? The average customer is not overly concerned with emissions; I mean really they aren't. Thank goodness it's a diverse market place out there.

Steve

Of course, everything is made up of chemicals. Water has two hydrogen and one oxygen atom. It is a chemical H2O.

Soy wax is made up of chemicals.

I think folks get too carried away with "no chemicals" when they really mean "no toxic chemicals" or "no chemicals that are harmful to your body."

Maybe the seller means "No harmful chemicals to breathe" but I wonder if that is really true.

As always, I just smiled politely- no need to argue over anything like that. He was really friendly, actually, we were placed directly across from each other at a show! Nothing worse than vendors (esp. candle vendors) being nasty to each other. He was giving me info on shows that he liked and was in; just a great soy guy...!

BUT, I was wondering about an all natural soy candle with dye and oil and everything...

I've noticed that some vendors get a bit snippy. To me, having a variety is great. I have always thought that folks could build off of one another. Want the double wick no scent? Hey, its over there, she sells those. Want the widget that I have, great, here it is.