The Scentsy Virus

jaxxcandles

Oh my how we love this statement =) At least for us, we shop locally for just about every supply we use so we save on having to ship of course and we pass that savings onto you, our customers =) Then if you go into why Scentsy, PL and other large companies are higher in price (more marketing, more marketing, and oh don't forget even more marketing, not to mention the probably six figure income the big wigs make) By that point our customers are loaded up with our tarts =)

exactly. I just point out to them that we source almost everything locally, we dont pay shipping on our wax and only some of of our oils.. plus we dont have to mark up our product to make room for "agents" to make a profit! They get it :)

I don't think of them as competition anymore.. The products are over priced and it's more for a party atmosphere not an every day used product to me.

I've even had customers tell me I only use Scentsy when I've been at a party and had to order something.. Can I use your tarts in my warmer??

Something else to think about too. These people are motivated, they're only getting a percentage. Not the full profit like we do but they love their product and their willing to do anything to get their name out to get more business. If anything seeing them should make us more motivated to do more for our businesses..

Something else to think about too. These people are motivated, they're only getting a percentage. Not the full profit like we do but they love their product and their willing to do anything to get their name out to get more business. If anything seeing them should make us more motivated to do more for our businesses..

:yay: Can I get an AMEN! :yay:

Get a Scentsy warmer and put your tarts in it. have it plugged in at your booth, and put a sign saying that particular warmer is available from Scentsy... That way people can SEE and SMELL for themselves that your tarts can be used in their warmers.

of course if you carry warmers, have them front and center, too!

When I get asked if my tarts can be used in their warmers the answer is, yes, of course, because there's no big secret or mystery about making a high-quality wax melt that performs well in all sorts of warmers. But I also go on to say that scentsy started out just like me - a couple of gals working in their basement, handpouring (I presume) a good product - until they sold their company to an entrepreneur who clearly likes to brag on his website about how huge the company has become and how many mechanical injection machines he now uses to pour the bars. I always say all that as sweetly as possible but my customers clearly get the message - they can purchase from what has become another run-of-the-mill over-priced international company or they can support me, a local handcrafter who has invested myself in each and every product I sell. And that message always works in my favor.

I do give scentsy lots of credit for educating customers on how to use melts and melters, though. And thank God that they're so expensive.

They do have to sign a contract and when they start out they dont make any profit off of the warmers only the tarts. You have to be kinda high on the selling ladder to make anything off the warmers. Thats why we get the evil eye when they see us with our high quality low cost tarts:cheesy2: And thats why they tell their customers that you can only use scentsy tarts in their warmers.

I have had issues with them, but it has never stopped me.. Living in Meridian, ID where they are based and have saturated the market. People do say Scentsy, when they come up to my booth, but all I say is no they are Soy and people usually say they have heard soy is better and good for the environment. That is it. I keep my prices a bit less than the competition, but I make good money. Stay confident in your products and customers will compare and buy....

My mom lives in Oregon and before Scentsy hit here in Tx, she bought a bunch and sent them to me. The ones I tried didn't seem to last and my mom hated hers so much that she sent all of the ones she had bought, warmers and all, to me. And let me tell ya, that woman is serious about her candles so for her to hate it says a lot!