Hello Newbie here...

Hello all. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am pretty new to this hobby and am hoping to turn it in to a small business. I have been reading the posts and everyone seems so helpful. My name is Amy and I make scented and colored soy container candles. I have never had a hobby that I so enjoyed. Like just about everyone else, I started and thought "wow, this is so simple,why doesn't everyone make their own candles." Now 200lbs of wax and $$$$ later I realize it takes more then just melt and pour. Of course I jumped in head first with out a system, but I am much more organized now. I started in April and I still don't have one complete candle. At the label part now. I better get moving though since my mother just made my first order! Anyway, hope to chat with everyone and learn from each other as much as we can. Sorry I am rambling, I am tired and excited as I just received a large order of supplies.

Good Night!:smiley2:

Welcome to the board, Amy!

Like you, I jumped in head first and thought too what a simple process it was to make candles, soon to find out there is a lot more that goes into the process. I've been making for about a month and I'm running out of room for all my experiments. hahaha

I love getting supplies! It's like Christmas! :yay:

Welcome to the board, Amy!

Like you, I jumped in head first and thought too what a simple process it was to make candles, soon to find out there is a lot more that goes into the process. I've been making for about a month and I'm running out of room for all my experiments. hahaha

I love getting supplies! It's like Christmas! :yay:

Yes, as a running joke to myself, I call them "door presents":p

Welcome Amy from downunder. I think that most of us jumped into this "hobby" head first all with great intentions. Just like you we spent a fortune in testing and experimenting prior to selling our first candle.

Once you have done that and are totally satisfied with you product and do eventually start to sell, the comments back from the customers really do make it all worthwhile.

Keep up the testing but most of all have fun with it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Amy! Happy you are here. This board and it's members are absolutely amazing. Everyone is so passionate about what they do and is always ready to help if they can. And I agree with Richard; when you do eventually sell and your customers keep coming back for more, then that is a very satisfying feeling and you realize the time, efforts and money invested has been soooo worth it.