Craft Show today LOL

quietgirl2004

Boy the things you hear people tell potential customers and the things you learn! LOL I went to a craft show today (not particpating)where there was a lady selling eco friendly products. She was saying how she had learned to clean house using essential oils. OK whatever. Thats cool. But she had a display of hand made soaps she was selling made with essential oils. Cool Im a soaper and know that can be done. So Im looking at them and one catches my eye. Lovespell. I said since when did Lovespell become an essential oil? She looked at me and started fast talking. LOl She says oh you know that famous essential oil company? Right away I said Young Living and she says yes! I said yes Im familiar with them and they dont sell lovespell. Then she tried to say it was a blend of their oils. Bull. Number one anybody who has ever bought YL knows how insanely expensive they are for a tiny itty bitty bottle. No one could afford to make soap with them. Then she says well Lovespell is from .... Victoria secret I said. She says Yes well all perfumes are from oil. Agreed I said but not ALL OILS are essential. I walked away and thought that crap might work with most people but not me.

I know it was like you got to be kidding. I looked at her soaps and she came off with this. Now some of them were essential oils. And when I said this she picked up one that actually was an essential oil soap. Bergamot and something. I said yes that might be an essential oil soap but Lovespell is not. She tried to say they blended essential oils to make the Lovespell. I thought to myself damn Ive been buying essentials oils (fo's) and getting a damn good price on them ! LOL

I love the BS you see some people claiming for their products. I've seen one person claiming their palm wax is 100% organic. Never seen organic palm wax, so I'm doubting that one. Also how palm wax is sustainable because the plants are grown on islands! What?!? Can't quite figure that one out. What do islands have to do with anything? Just want to call them out on the BS, but better to just walk away...

Cheers,

Steve

Well good for you for standing up to her and putting her in her place. Maybe since you questioned her, that will cause her to be a little more careful about what she tells people. She may not change how she advertises, but maybe next time won't be so eager to tell people they all have EO in them. That's just wrong. Curious...were her prices high...you know...b/c she had to cover the high cost of the EO!! LOL!