Fragrance - Diamond Oil

moored

Hello, I'm new at this, but been reading alot of your post. I've been trying to do candles about 1 year now, I was at a customer's home last night to introduce my line of candles, she was buring one that someone gave her, call Diamond Oil or something like that, it was smelling really good, the hot throw.

She bought 2 of mine which have a good cold thorw (Plumeria from Lonestar in C3 Soy), but as I left I felted that her candle was better. I worried all night that when she lights mine it will not stand up to that kind of hot throw.

I would like to have 1 scent that really rocks everytime than to have many that might have a good hot throw everytime.

I guess what I'm trying to say does anyone out there know where to get the good stuff that these candle companies are using that make their candles really rock?:sad2:

If I had any FO's that MIGHT be good throwers, I wouldn't be in business as long as I have. Even my votives will fill a fairly large area with scent. You don't say where you buy your FO's, but you'll need to just keep testing with your wax and different FO's to see what gives you the best throw. Cheap? Hell no, I've probably spent thousands over all these years just testing samples to find the ones I use now.

Some of my favorite suppliers are definately not cheap ($20 - $40+ a lb.). But, a lot of these FO's I can get away with less than 1 oz/lb for killer throws, so it all equals out. Plus I mix many of my own blends with FO's & EO's, for more unique scents.

Search through this section and you will find a lot of good suggestions for suppliers and different blends. :cool2:

Thank you Chris. I've been ording from most of the ones listed here like NG, MC, LS, Elements Bath&Body. Did order from DayStar and Wildfire Creation with pretty good throw, but yea I'm talking about the kind of fragance that these big company's use.

I would vote for Creme Brulee. Try KY and see if that doesn't qualify as a rocking killer fragrance. Now, if you have a base mixer that is a killer; mix it with whatever you like and you have a lot of strong fos in your lineup. That base oil makes or breaks whatever else you add to the mix IMHO. I have seen as many cheap oils throw as expensive BUT the more expensive oils are almost always more complex. Base oils are just one thing going on and not about a variety of notes. Apple, pineapple, pine/evergreen and floral base oils are going to give you a great variety of mixes. HTH

Steve