Newbie here in need of help

Hello All!

For the past few weeks I've been testing wax and have come to the conclusion a pre-blended soy/parrafin mix is the best fit for me. I am currently using IGI6006 but am not impressed with the scent throw. I am wondering if anyone knows of a pre-blended soy/parrafin mix with GREAT scent throw. Thanks in advance!

Scent throw or ht (hot throw) is a difficult definition. My wife thinks most of my candles are too strong and I think they are about where they ought to be (not too strong and not too light). Some fragrances are designed to be light and complex in nature and others are in your face strong. Your wax is very picky about fo percentages (IMHO) and won't necessarily perform well if you over do the percentage of fo. I would read through posts of people who use 6006 and see which fos are working for them in that wax. Try adding a little soy (15%) to your wax and see what difference that makes. HTH

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

Thank you guys for your responses. @psfponies - The scent throw for me was just ok, nothing I would go out of my way to purchase. Most of the time I can not smell it unless I'm standing over it. It did not smell up the area as I expected. How long do you cure yours? @ Faerywren, I am using LX wicks but will order new wicks tonight in hopes that will help boost the scent. @Candlebuddy - Zinc is on my list to order n try. @chuck - Thanks, I do have some soy that I originally started out with and wondered if mixing it would make the difference I'm seeking - will test that. I understand some fragrances will throw more than others, I'm ok with a soft scent as long as I can smell it in the room and dont have to "sniff " it to get the scent.

Because it is pre-blended am I correct in believing adding Vybar will lock my scent due to the additives being already there?

Thank you guys again for all your help! :smiley2:

You're welcome. I wouldn't use vybar but in answer to your original question; I use Tennessee Candle Supply TN 70/30 which is 70% per cent soy and 30% paraffin. I've been with this wax from Clarus for a long time now and it works like a charm. They may have it listed as out of stock but you can call and ask for a test slab and probably get it. HTH.

Steve