Displays

quietgirl2004

I use a couple of "Desserts and More" multi-level servers from Wilton. I have soaps from a couple of sizes of molds, so the bars are different shapes. I group the soaps on the plates in stacks of five or six of each scent. If I have time, I will take a couple of pics at this Saturday's show. I like to use a lot of different levels in my display - it makes people look around at your stuff.

I have a couple of wooden crates from Michael's (with 40% off coupon) that I painted. They are double duty - haul pillars to the show and display them on the table. I also have some cardboard risers that I got so long ago I don't remember...but they have held up remarkably well. Oh! They came from Gershel which is also where I got my table top spinner for clamshell melts

kitn thats awesome your DH made those for you!!

I use crates I bought from JoAnns, I used 50%off coupons on them and got them for SUPER cheap.. I like being able to re-arrange them.

There are a few big ones, then small ones butted up. The small ones are CD crates! The other bonus of them is that they double as storage to get the soaps there :) They also stack neatly.

33656_478956564415_326597294415_6840179_2459247_n.jpg

Luminous - what an awesome display you have. Very - VERY - good usage of all of your space.

We also have crates - old "repurposed" apple crates we got from a antique dealer for $6 each. Took them out - scrubbed them down with soap, water & pressure washer and they look so awesome.

We just added cardboard risers which we purchased from Collector's House - which is where we also get our fitted table covers.

You should also look in your yellow pages - alot of bigger cities have display houses that buy old/used displays when places go out of business or remodel and you can get some nice displays for over half price of retail. Normally in good shape.

Just a few more ideas....:rolleyes2

chrisinpa...your fall/Halloween display is awesome. I definitely would be drawn to your booth...to sniff your candles. lol

I used to do a 2 day Christmas show at a community center. They closed their doors and I just found out why today. The treasure had embezzled $11,000. over a 3 year period. GRRRRRRR!!! Anyway...one vendor had the most awesome display that took her hours to set up and tear down...but man did she do the business.

Here are 2 pics of our display.

The first is from the first ever market we did years ago and the second is from about 12 months ago and shows to a degree what our current display looks like. Its amazing how it morphs over time.

Both unfortunately were a little cramped. We now generally display over 3 tables, sometimes 4.

Also shows the product and packaging changing over time as well. Quite interesting to look back on :)

SDC10173.JPG

Richard in stall.jpg

Edited by RichardLOZ

I bought some wooden shelves from Canadian Tire here when they were on sale. They have 3 shelves and sit on the table. The sides fold in and the shelves fold up for easy transport and they look quite nice. A lot of the shows I do I get 1 8foot table and it gets harder to find room for all my stuff. This is nice because it goes up. I also use hat boxes from winners ( your TJ Max) to raise up off the table. I'll see if I can find a picture later. My last show I had some gift sets for the first time, in a pinch I took one of my 4 inch deep containers and covered it with some extra netting, put it upside down and had a nice surface.

Angela