Just wondering if anyone else does this?

theresa t

Rather than having a website do you use your FB account for your business to generate sales and has it worked? I've been promoting the heck out of mine with friends lately and have went from not many people to now having almost 200 friends on mine. That is with starting this week at just 34 friends. I've done announcements for specials, etc. and have had some pretty decent responses to them. These seem to be drawing more people in with their friends suggesting they become friends and it's everytime I sign on now I have more friend requests or suggestions from others to add their friends. I don't know if it will keep growing or not but I have been happy with the past 2 days since I've added over 150 people as friends. I've also got several orders from people from the page.

I didn't know if anyone else used their page for this or not so just wanted to ask and see how it was working for others if this is how others are doing it. Also, any downside to this or things I might want to consider? This is new to me with trying things this way so any pointers, tips, etc. would be great!

Thanks!

Edited by theresa t

How do you accept payments? Do you have a setting on FB to take credit cards? Or do customers send you payment thru paypal or regular mail?

I have been putting off working on my FB because between my website, twitter, and FB its just too much work for me. Don't have time to make candles and stuff.

I have the option for them to send payment thru paypal or they can send money orders thru the mail. This way I can get the orders out faster, especially when they send the payment thru paypal. I'm doing a flat rate on the shipping depending on the order size or actual shipping w/o any handling fees, etc. I have enough product made up at this point to be able to calculate the shipping once I get the zip code to be able to let them know the total amount to send with shipping added.

I am only offering personal checks to be sent using e-check w/ paypal, that way I know when the payment has cleared and it will save me from having to deal with checks not clearing the bank from NSF.

I received another 4 orders in the past 2 hours, they aren't big orders ( $20-$25 each) but they are orders I didn't have before. I figured it doesn't hurt to try right? :)

I didn't know that! I will have to check it out. If I can't figure out how to do it or am not able to find what it is on there I might send you a message! I'm not that great as far as using a computer goes so sometimes need "step by step" guidance! lol!!!:smiley2: