Upland Soap Mold question....

soapnmomma

So, I have been wanting some Upland Soap Molds for a long time from reading how much everyone just loves them, plus let's be honest I hate lining my molds I have now. So, since I am Christmas shopping, for myself.. ;) I want to ask if the silicone ever causes problems with the soap sticking to the molds? I have several silicone molds now that I have purchased and I have had trouble with my soap sticking to the molds, even after putting a lot of oil on the molds, and I do not use them for that reason. So can anyone let me know if they have had trouble with their soap sticking to the silicone at all before I place my order?

Thank You!! :smiley2:

Somewhere in my head is the thought that I read that oiling a silicone mold could cause problems.

regardless, to unmold from my uplands I tip the log & liner out, pull/peel (carefully) the sides away from the soap (all 4 sides), flip over and lift the line off from one end. it might take a bit of a shake to get the suction to release.

use this with silver moon molds, uplands, woodfields...

They are not closed just yet for winter, thankfully, so I put my order in last night. I cannot wait to get mine now!! I have waited months to order, had to have a good enough reason to give hubby and Christmas is it. Just in time too, I was getting pretty bad because all I was dreaming about was having Upland Soap Molds :laugh2:

Okay, so I placed my first order for several Upland Molds but have since been hearing about people ordering molds from them like 2 months ago and still not got them yet!! They all say they have contacted customer service via email and phone but are not getting any replies from customer service. Anyone know of any problems or of them having any issues?:confused: All I want for Christmas is my Upland Molds...

I had ordered a mold from them and after about 3 weeks I decided to call them to see how much longer it would take. I did get someone and she told me that she had been really sick (she sounded really sick, lots of coughing) and hadn't made any molds for about a month. She had just went to the doctor and had gotten some meds and would be making molds once the meds start taking effect. It took about a month more and I finally received my mold about 10 days ago. So I know that she is making molds again, but is most likely very behind on her orders!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just cancelled an order with Soaphutch I made back in the beginning of November. Seems he's got a surgery in the future. My recommendation would be to NOT order a soap mold from ANYONE even remotely close to the holidays....ANY holiday. You will hear all sorts of excuses. Bottom line is they are micro businesses, and they like their time off when they want their time off... customer be damned.

NEVER MORE!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I finally received my tube mold from Upland, it certainly wasn't what I expected.

I wasn't that impressed with it either. Had I known it was like that, I would have had my hubby or one of his friends create one for me. I got mine from the co-op here a while back. I did get a nice round batch of soap, don't get me wrong, but I was expecting something more than a cardboard tube with a plastic liner--for the money that you pay for it!!! :angry2: