pinecones dipped in palm wax

Are you scenting these or just dipping them for looks? I wonder how it would look to dip them in green wax and then put little dots of red or other colored wax all over?

I can't tell from your pics how sparkly they are. Did you sprinkle glitter on them?

Edited by Darbla

I dipped them in heavy scented cinnamon. I used feather palm wax. You can't see it in the pictures, but they have a sparkly look. I have a question for anyone who dips pinecones. If I'm going to sprinkle them with glitter, does it matter what color wax I use. I have some colored scrap wax in blocks that I need to use up. This would be perfect if the pinecone is going to be covered in glitter anyway.

I did 3 of them last night. Mine didn't turn out like the picture here :confused:I think I needed to let the wax cool more. This is hunter green Spruceberry GG, The color didn't show up but they do have a thin coating of wax and sparkle. Looks kinda sloppy in the pic those are drips on the foil.

post-11440-139458474378_thumb.jpg

Edited by soy327

What is GG palm wax? I used feather palm wax. I dipped them once in the hot wax to get a starting layer. Then I let the wax cool to almost slushy to do the other dips. That is how I got the thick layer. I'm going to try paraffin today. I'm just wondering if the color they are dipped in is going to make a difference if I'm going to put glitter on them?

O.k. I'm going to do mine again when the wax cools off. But hey they smell really good.

GG is a palm container wax and that was what I was doing when I read your post and it just so happened I had Peaks spruceberry in the pitcher.

You know just a thought I was following the thread about the CS GG and maybe that would be a good way to use that wax. I know there is alot of disappointed people on the forum over that episode.