Hi there

Just want to say thank you for all the information on candle making. My 15 year old daughter and I are very excited about making candles. We have always loved them, so we came up with the idea of making candles

We live in Saint Joseph Mo and will be ordering from lonestar. We plan on doing parasoy IGI 6006 and paraffin IGI 4636 for glass jars. We are doing 8 and 9 oz jars. We are going to use some medium wood wicks, eco10 ,cd10, we want to try different ones. Lonestar told us the wood wicks do't work good with soy. We have picked out 11 one once scents and colors.

Can't wait to get started and start making some pretty and good smelling candles. :)

Hi Charolette! Welcome to Craftserver. Lots of good info here to get you and your daughter started.

Some advice; I'd get your regular wicking down before I started tackling wood wicks. Wicking is challenging enough with any wax but particularly with soy waxes. Anyway-- good luck with that. Making your own candles can be so much fun and very addictive. Hope your pockets are deep!!

Hi Charolette! Welcome to Craftserver. Lots of good info here to get you and your daughter started.

Some advice; I'd get your regular wicking down before I started tackling wood wicks. Wicking is challenging enough with any wax but particularly with soy waxes. Anyway-- good luck with that. Making your own candles can be so much fun and very addictive. Hope your pockets are deep!!

Thank you