Does anyone sell single pkg tarts?

I don't sell yet, however I was a huge yankee tart buyer before I started making my own stuff.

I loved buying them individually...and would buy several different scents at a time. I like variety. I actually like the option of single tarts for those of us who like to switch the scent up alot.

I believe I was paying 1.49 a tart? Maybe more? Yankee online is showing 1.00 per tart. I know I paid more than that when I was buying them.

I also was a Yankee addict before I decided to give it a try making them myself last winter. Their regular price for tarts and votives went up to 1.99 each about a year ago- standard pretty much everywhere now but they are more and more doing a 1.00 tart/votive sale which used to be very few and far between.

I would go thru about 2 or sometimes 3 a day- 4 to 6 bucks a day and finally said I am going to figure this out myself and save all that money (which isnt working out so far with all this testing and 1000's of FOs to try! LOL) but I have never seen them offer packages of tarts or votives and we have a yankee store close by- they only sell individually and they do only last about 8 hours- alot of them are very strong but fade quickly- so far with my soy tarts I am noticing they are lasting longer:yay:

I have a scentsy catalog in front of me- a friend I havent seen in a long time came to a party we had and brought me a hostess gift- a scentsy plug in and 3 scentsy bars of fragrance (she didnt know I was making them myself)

They sell their bars (3.2) ounces in a clamshell type container with 9 bricks for 5.00 or you can by a one pound brick for 20.00

Their warmers are 15.00 for plug in style, mid-size are 25.00 and full size are from 30.00 to 35.00 and they offer a design your own with the warmer being 30.00 and decals to chose from for decorating for 10.00

I tried the honey pear cider and it was okay but nothing to write home about- and I never put in the blueberry cheesecake because it smells very "cheap" and way to sweet for my taste

I cant figure out what type of wax they use though- its kinda goey like taffy and their warmers are so cute but they all use a 20 watt bulb and I personally like the hot plate electric ones like yankee but I have not been able to find any place remotely similar to either one with a huge variey of cool designs to buy wholesale (sigh:()

So I guess I got away with myself here but yes I think single tarts are a must- I want to try them out before I buy quantity and I too change up my smells probably way to much! I think its good to offer a single tart price and a package offering a price break so if the customer really likes that scent they feel they are getting a deal.

I do single's in baggies.. I have No problem with $1.25ea or 10 for $10.00... I get more parents just buying them cause there kids want something and it's cheap... I have about 100 different scent I carry... Its the way I test a scent before moving it it the candle side for test burning...

Travis

I don't sell tart/melts as an individual item, but would think I would be able to do $1.25-$1.50. I think you could also sell a lot if you did a buy 2 get 1 free sale for $3. People love free.

I was wondering if the hot plate warmer you like would be similar to the smaller warmers for candlewarmers.com be anything like you are looking for. The top bowl removes and can be a candle warmer also.

I have a scentsy catalog in front of me....They sell their bars (3.2) ounces in a clamshell type container with 9 bricks for 5.00

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a scentsy thread but just wanted to point out that the stated weight on their containers is 3.2 fluid oz and 2.6 oz net. Then on their FAQ page it says the bar minimum weight is 2.4 oz. That labeling is a little flaky IMO.

I agree with it being very flaky! It is like.....exactly what the h**l does that mean. Is it there way of confusing everyone so you don't really know what your getting?

So if you take the net wt. (2.6) and divide into $5.00 that is $1.92 per ounce. At least by my calculations!

I have never tried Scentsy so I can't say if mine are any better but I can't believe theirs are that great.

JMHO

Edited by pcbrook

Wow, I'm stunned....I will pour single tarts if I'm at the bottom of the pot and just have an oz or two of wax left. I just give the, away...the reasons I gave the clamshells away at my last craft show was they were all fall themed, my next 4 shows are all around Christmas and they were an incentive to get buyer to make a minimum of a $20.00 purchase. I believe my lowest sale was around $15.00. I gave 15% off for anyone who placed an add'l order after the craft show....some women would purchase from me, get the coupon for their next purchase and came back b4 leaving the credit show and using their 15% off be bore leaving their show, and I just told them to keep the coupon towards their next purchase. I received a call this morning and after one buyer showed her friends her soaps and candles and she placed an order for $80.00 worth of petit fours and I sent her photos of each and e eery soap I make and placed an order for over $100.00 plus the $80.00 for the petit fours...I never underestimate the powers of freebies. one lady at the craft show bought every jar of body mousse I had so, I also gave her the tester jar...I will test selling single tarts my next show...do you offer a one pc price and then a savings price for purchasing multiples i.e. $1.00 ea or $10.00 a dz?

Glad I posted this thread, I had no idea people did this.....oh one more ?....are you talking about a standard scallop shell shaped tart? I almost never pour those maybe I should

I don't know how anyone makes any money at $1.00-1.25 each. They are work, even though some say they aren't. Mine sell for $1.65 with 2 free when you buy 10. Some of mine are decorated, some aren't. I pour into the foil cups and they weigh between 1.2-1.6 oz. Depending on topping or how stretched the foil is. They are a pain but they're my bread and butter.

Try Jackel for the warming tray type. You have to have a tax id

http://www.jackelus.com/

1888-452-2535

Description: Heavenly Night Electric Wax Burner

754795--Size 5.25"h x 4.75"w--min. 2 $9.95 each plus shipping

post-215-139458474361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sharon in KY

I don't know how anyone makes any money at $1.00-1.25 each. They are work, even though some say they aren't. Mine sell for $1.65 with 2 free when you buy 10. Some of mine are decorated, some aren't. I pour into the foil cups and they weigh between 1.2-1.6 oz. Depending on topping or how stretched the foil is. They are a pain but they're my bread and butter.

Try Jackel for the warming tray type. You have to have a tax id

http://www.jackelus.com/

1888-452-2535

Description: Heavenly Night Electric Wax Burner

754795--Size 5.25"h x 4.75"w--min. 2 $9.95 each plus shipping

This warmer is beautiful! Excactly what I have been looking for- Thank you, I just sent them an email to get a account:cheesy2:

I do not sell my tarts yet but my thoughts are ditto to yours- why shoot yourself in the foot selling them cheap- Yankee is 1.99 and scentsy is 5.00 for 2.7 ounces and no matter what state you live in it will be the same except for the occasional yankee sale tarts and votives for a buck

But anyways yankee is .8 ounces for 1.99- I make mine with the fluted molds and they weigh 1 ounce on the scale - I wouldnt sell them for less than 1.50 each (absolute lowest) and do a price break for 10 like you do- If people are paying the scentsy and yankee prices they will pay for hand poured homeade quality for sure!

Before I started making them I would always go to craft shows and buy peoples products- if its good quality people will pay for it and all of you that are selling yours are putting so much time and effort into what you do- dont sell yourself cheap, just go a little under the competition to rope them in! :wink2:

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a scentsy thread but just wanted to point out that the stated weight on their containers is 3.2 fluid oz and 2.6 oz net. Then on their FAQ page it says the bar minimum weight is 2.4 oz. That labeling is a little flaky IMO.

Flaky alright- I did put them on the scale and according to mine they weigh 2.7 out of package but leave them in and they weigh 3.2! my package says nothing about net weight hmmm....and my catalog only states "new larger package" crazy:rolleyes:

Flaky alright- I did put them on the scale and according to mine they weigh 2.7 out of package but leave them in and they weigh 3.2! my package says nothing about net weight hmmm....and my catalog only states "new larger package" crazy:rolleyes:

Moonshine, the scentsy bar you weighed, was that the nice looking candle jar shaped (has 8 cavities) or was it the rectangle (6-cavity) like we use?